A bug ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

motolover

I hear an open carryer on 153.315 with a pl of 203.5. its some kind of company that must be open 24/7 because they are alwase there. I thinck its some kind of alarm company. What could this be? It has bin open like this for mouths. some kind of bug ?

Don_Burke

It is more likely a repeater or digital machine stuck on.

I can think of no reason for a bug to have a pl.

I would go mobile and try to figure out where it is.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
motolover said:
I hear an open carryer on 153.315 with a pl of 203.5. its some kind of company that must be open 24/7 because they are alwase there. I thinck its some kind of alarm company. What could this be? It has bin open like this for mouths. some kind of bug ?

You don't say where you're located; did you try doing a FCC database lookup, located elsewhere on this site? It may tell you who the frequency is licensed to.

jmtyra

Premium Subscriber
"Newbie" question here:

What is meant when you say 'PL' regarding a different frequency other than the one you are curious about?

Yes, everyone point and laugh at the 'n00b', but I couldn't find it on the wiki. =(

KB9NLL said:
Darn it all. All this time I was seeing If there was a pl when I't stopped on a constant carrier so I wouldn't have to figure out if it was a birdie/Image or electrical interferance while searching.:mad: I could have been bugged this whole time.:lol:

mrsvensven

jmtyra said:
"Newbie" question here:
PL==CTCSS
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/CTCSS
The radio transmits a tone, which you can't hear (usually). The other radios listen for that specific tone, so they only hear the radios that are programmed with that tone. It reduces interference between two users of a frequency.

motolover said:
I hear an open carryer on 153.315 with a pl of 203.5
You might also want to check 153.3125 in the FCC database.

It's possible that there is some hum in the background that your scanner is confusing for a PL tone. I have seen that happen before.

Where are you hearing this from?

Last edited:

motolover

Ok its bin on constantly for like mouths. But tonight it is not on odd. And i am from ct

Don_Burke

motolover said:
Ok its bin on constantly for like mouths. But tonight it is not on odd. And i am from ct
Perhaps someone found the problem and corrected it, or the system failed out from running on a 100% duty cycle for so long.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Search the FCC database. There are 11 companies in the Specified Search range:

State = Connecticut
Status = Active
Frequency Upper Band >= 153.300
Frequency Assigned <= 153.325

Matches 1- 11 (of 11 )

Status
Not open for further replies.