Rockdale County Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

msimp09

Is anyone else having issues hearing the Rockdale County Scanner? I was just wondering if it is my computer.

lawvillecitizen

Premium Subscriber
Rockdale county feed

I sent a private message to you re: Rockdale county feed. I am having problems too but the admin is working on it.

lawvillecitizen

Premium Subscriber
Have the Rockdale county frequencies changed recently? If so could someone provide them?
thx! We live in gwinnett but like to listen to Rockdale!

msimp09

Rockdale scanner

I was told Rockdale wen't digital..not sure when, but I guess it could be the problem. So I have been looking for an affordable digital scanner

N8IAA

Have you bothered to check the data base here on RR?? The two CC's in red are in the 852Mhz range. Are you running those??
Larry

lawvillecitizen

Premium Subscriber
Re; Rockdale county feed

I hate to be a bother. I am not familiar with scanning too much. All I know is we have been listening to the Rockdale county feed through our computer from "Cindun" who has so graciously been providing the feed. We live in Gwinnett and can't pick up the signal from here. Cindun can no longer hear it on their scanner in order to provide the feed- It could be equipment related ; we just know that we can't hear it and wish someone would maybe volunteer to provide a feed or help "cindun" find out why she is not getting a signal so she can continue to provide this feed!

msimp09

Have you bothered to check the data base here on RR?? The two CC's in red are in the 852Mhz range. Are you running those??
Larry

I dont have a scanner at all..after I could no longer hear it and talking to people about it, someone said Rockdale wen't digital. So no I have not BOTHERED to check th 2 CC's in red etc. as I have no scanner (yet). I only posted the question to begin with because at the time it was showing the scanner online but no sound so I was just checking with others who may also listen to Rockdale.

lawvillecitizen

Premium Subscriber
Yay! My husband worked on our scanner and found out-it works. Rockdale isn't digital. He used the frequencies on the database page in "Red CC"/ But he said as soon as he went to trunk mode he couldn't pick up anything !
Hope this info helps. He is just guessing that they may have changed control frequencies but again he said it is a guess.
We live so far away it is difficult to hear real clear most of the time; so maybe it will be on the radio reference again soon!

Conyers_gEEk

Rockdale has not gone digital

As far as I know, Rockdale has no plans to go digitial in the near future. Now, if Rockdale gets a new sheriff in the next election, then that may change.

Last summer (2008), Rockdale began rebanding their signal, but, as far as I can tell, any trunked scanner can still pick them up. In some rebanding, the channel frequencies change and only some trunked scanners will pick them up. I don't think this is the case for Rockdale. I reprogrammed my Pro-96 with the new frequencies last summer and have no problem picking them up.

I did speak with one Deputy Sheriff that said that Rockdale was going to be going to a North Rockdale and South Rockdale talkgroup at some point. I have seen a talkgroup ID on occasion (1320?) come up and dispatch say, "You are on Rockdale South". I don't know when this will be fully implemented.

nunyax

Rockdale has definitely rebanded and some older scanners won't follow the control channel. My BC245XLT will lock onto the control channel but never detects any activity. My BCD396T set in "control channel only" mode followed the activity with no problem.

After an hour of monitoring, the frequencies I saw in use are:

856.1125 - control channel
851.4875 - not in RR database
851.9125 - not in RR database
856.5375 - not in RR database

Conyers_gEEk

Interesting. Thanks for the input. The rebanding that Rockdale did was somewhat confusing based upon what I have read about rebanding in general. I know people with older scanners that couldn't redefine the channel frequencies and are still picking up activity.

I have seen some new talkgroups in the last few days. 1744, 1832, and 1904 come to mind. Any idea of what those are for?

Rockdale has definitely rebanded and some older scanners won't follow the control channel. My BC245XLT will lock onto the control channel but never detects any activity. My BCD396T set in "control channel only" mode followed the activity with no problem.

After an hour of monitoring, the frequencies I saw in use are:

856.1125 - control channel
851.4875 - not in RR database
851.9125 - not in RR database
856.5375 - not in RR database

msimp09

Thanks for all the replies...The other day I called Radio Shack (in Conyers/Covington) to see about getting a scanner and was told "iIf you want to listen locally you need a Digital Scanner & they are so new that we don't have them yet". But I guess they were wrong..lol So does anyone know if I can go to Radio Shack and purchase a scanner that will pick up Rockdale?

N8IAA

Thanks for all the replies...The other day I called Radio Shack (in Conyers/Covington) to see about getting a scanner and was told "iIf you want to listen locally you need a Digital Scanner & they are so new that we don't have them yet". But I guess they were wrong..lol So does anyone know if I can go to Radio Shack and purchase a scanner that will pick up Rockdale?
Yes, depending on what you want (handheld or base/mobile). The Pro-164 is a handheld scanner that works on rebanded systems. The Pro-163 is a base/mobile that works on rebanded systems. They can both be programmed with the USB programming cable (part# 20-047) and Win97 software (which is free for 30 days) at: Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners
If you need help programming, I would be willing to help you with that.
Larry

nunyax

I was at the Conyers Radio Shack on Aug. 18 and bought a Pro-160 (cat. #20-160) that was on clearance for $99.97. I live in Walton County (which is digital) and bought the Pro-160 to use as a conventional scanner since it had DCS capability. The salesman there told me that Rockdale had gone digital but since that didn't affect me I didn't follow up on it until I saw this thread. Obviously he was mistaken.

You may want to see if they have any more in stock. It is no longer listed on the Radio Shack website which did show it in-stock in Conyers when I bought mine. I programmed the Rockdale system today and it tracks it just fine.

lawvillecitizen

Premium Subscriber
RE: Rockdale county feed

Thanks! for all the helpful info!
We have a Radio Shack Pro-94 trunking scanner. We live in gwinnett so the reception isn't real clear.
I sure hope the feed will be on Radio Reference again soon. Up until it went offline I was able to listen to it on my i-phone (Wunder radio).

msimp09

Well I wen't to Radio Shack today and no such luck..I was told since it was discontinued I would have to go to each individual store to see if they had one. All the ones around here are sold out..but I am looking into some of the other scanners mentioned. Thanks for all your help guys

N8IAA

Thanks! for all the helpful info!
We have a Radio Shack Pro-94 trunking scanner. We live in gwinnett so the reception isn't real clear.
I sure hope the feed will be on Radio Reference again soon. Up until it went offline I was able to listen to it on my i-phone (Wunder radio).

Nope, the Pro-94 won't reband:( The 163/164 are the way to go. I know they aren't on close-out, but they work quite well. I use my 163 to monitor the rebanded Fulton County system.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.