$Need help$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray-zer

I purchased a Pro 106 from Radio Shack... I have a disc that suppose to help and a cord to hook my scanner up to the cumputer... I have watched you tube & I have been on this site... I still can't bring up Zone 6... I live in the atlanta area, May someone Please help me...
Peace,
Ray-zer

N8IAA

I purchased a Pro 106 from Radio Shack... I have a disc that suppose to help and a cord to hook my scanner up to the cumputer... I have watched you tube & I have been on this site... I still can't bring up Zone 6... I live in the atlanta area, May someone Please help me...
Peace,
Ray-zer
Ray-zer, welcome to the GA forum. Hopefully, you got the USB programming cable (part# 20-047) that came with a CD with the drivers for the cable. If you didn't get the correct cable, take it back to RS and get the proper one. To download frequencies from Radio Reference, you need a premium subscription, and programming software. My favorite is Win500 by Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners Don Starr does a great job, and the software has a free 30 day trial. I've had my 106 for over a year and love it. It is not the most intuitive scanner IE: easy to program. But, once I saw how the software programmed the scanner, I can do basic, non-pc programming.
HTH,
Larry

djxman

Ray-zer I live in the atl area. I got all of fulton county programmed and will be more than happy to help you get zone 1-6 programmed. Just let me know how I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.