N.W. Georgia P25 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ButchGone

The N.W. Georgia simulcast cell for the Tennessee Valley Regional Communications System is alive with new talkgroups. Catoosa County Sheriff's Dept. is on talkgroup 2069, Fort Olglethorpe Police is on 2071. Walker County Sheriff's Department is coming alive on talkgroups 13501, 13502, 13503, 13504, 13505, 13506, 13507, 13508 and 13509. Walker Central has consoles up and units are testing on various groups.
Radio shop active on 1, and 1115.
This system covers Dade, Walker, Catoosa and Whitfield counties. Freqs are listed under trunked systems for each county.
BG..

DaveC56

GSP Rome

I have noticed over the past two weekends that GSP Rome (Post 38) is dispatching Post 41 (Lafayette) units. In years past if Lafayette was busy Dalton would catch the traffic.

Is this part of GSP moving to regional dispatch centers? Tried searching but couldn't find any current info on this. Seems goal is to move to 10 or 11 centers state wide. With 48 posts, that would cut dispatchers a lot.

BTW - Rome was using the Lookout Mtn tower to talk with Lafayette. Was this accomplished through microwave transmissions or the Motobridge I have read about?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

nunyax

I have noticed over the past two weekends that GSP Rome (Post 38) is dispatching Post 41 (Lafayette) units. In years past if Lafayette was busy Dalton would catch the traffic.

Is this part of GSP moving to regional dispatch centers? Tried searching but couldn't find any current info on this. Seems goal is to move to 10 or 11 centers state wide. With 48 posts, that would cut dispatchers a lot.

Post 46 in Monroe is dispatched out of the Grovetown, GA (near Augusta) Troop E headquarters. link

And the dispatch consolidation is probably related to the CAD upgrades across the state. See this past thread:

When the Conyers post moved to Monroe, the troopers were just learning the system for logging stops and printing citations. With the GPS tracking sometimes it's kind of strange to hear a chase as the dispatcher may call the chase instead of the trooper himself.

Last edited:

DaveC56

Ok. Thanks.

Things are changing faster than I can keep up with them. When I started out on a 10 channel Uniden crystal controlled scanner to now reading about Cisco IPICS controlled communications to almost any tower in the state, it makes me feel old.

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Is this part of GSP moving to regional dispatch centers? Tried searching but couldn't find any current info on this. Seems goal is to move to 10 or 11 centers state wide. With 48 posts, that would cut dispatchers a lot.Dave

You are preaching to the choir! You can have a single dispatch center anywhere in the world (can you say India?), as with dedicated private lines, you can talk anywhere. Even with the cost of running remote transmitters, it would greatly be offset by the cost savings in salaries. 5-7 dispatchers could pretty much handle the entire state of Georgia during anytime of day.

N8IAA

You are preaching to the choir! You can have a single dispatch center anywhere in the world (can you say India?), as with dedicated private lines, you can talk anywhere. Even with the cost of running remote transmitters, it would greatly be offset by the cost savings in salaries. 5-7 dispatchers could pretty much handle the entire state of Georgia during anytime of day.

That is one scary thought /\/\ike.
Larry

WJS884

Feed Provider
Motobridge, Troop-A (NWGA) will have have a Dispatch Center at the new Post 3 in Catersville by the end of year...

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
GSP switched to regional dispatch centers several months ago. They basically cut in half what they had before, it was a cost saving move.
Florida did the same thing years ago for all its state agencies which all utilize FHP commo centers. Only they have far fewer than GA has.
GA actually has a communications center in almost every GSP post and will maintain the equipment and space, which I think it smart in the event of a major disaster or if a regional communications center is totally destroyed.

ButchGone

Catoosa County has now fully migrated to the TVRCS system, as the Ringgold 5-channel site for the Chattanooga Hamilton County TRS is now off the air. To hear in Catoosa you have to program the TVRCS sites 10 and 11.
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.