Loganville, GA utilizes online scanner feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunyax

Loganville Fire turns to Walton for help - The Walton Tribune

'In the case of Walton County, Loganville is notified automatically by dispatch as soon as a call goes out there’s a fire in the city. However, in Gwinnett County the call goes to its dispatch and Loganville firefighters have to rely on being notified by the county or picking it up themselves on ScanGwinnett.

“We aren’t always able to pick it up on the scanner because sometimes the guys are asleep,” Roberts said, adding since the dispute between Gwinnett and its cities, there has been less cooperation between the county and city fire departments, with the county not always notifying the city when a call comes in. Also, in the past, Roberts could cancel a response from Gwinnett if Loganville had a fire under control.

“But now they still come anyway,” Roberts said.'

Isn't it ironic that a fire agency on an encrypted DTRS utilizes a scanner to listen to another fire agency on a DTRS which chose not to encrypt?

And both counties can access the other's DTRS fire talkgroups so why the scanner?

reformedMhacker

Premium Subscriber
As for Gwinnett, the only field unit (fd) I know of that actually has the Walton system and TG's that loganville FD utilizes is Gwinnett engine 28, and that is on a portable which is owned by loganville fire. All of Loganville fd's radios have Gwinnett in them, so I don't know where the reporter from the tribune got that load of horse crap from.

radiofan1

As for Gwinnett, the only field unit (fd) I know of that actually has the Walton system and TG's that loganville FD utilizes is Gwinnett engine 28, and that is on a portable which is owned by loganville fire. All of Loganville fd's radios have Gwinnett in them, so I don't know where the reporter from the tribune got that load of horse crap from.

The reporter clearly stated where he got his story from, did you read the article or only the OP? :confused:

"City Manager Bill Jones and fire Chief Danny Roberts opened the case for the cities Wednesday, testifying to the differences in cooperation between the city and Gwinnett County when compared to the mutual/automatic aid agreement between Walton County and its cities."

Another reason to scoff at the fallacy that is "P25 interoperability".

Both 800, both pee25 phase 1, not talking to one another. Classic. :roll:

reformedMhacker

Premium Subscriber
Yes I read the article when it came out in the paper. All I know is that neither of the sources would have stated this. I know Danny personally, I work in one of the stations in loganville several times a month, and Danny would have no reason to tell them that. So. all you little scanner people who obviously know more than those of us who work here (and who have to use this crappy system) go ahead and believe every word that the media prints....hey isn't that how our country has gotten into the crappy situation it's in now...trusting the liberal, biased media?

radiofan1

So. all you little scanner people who obviously know more than those of us who work here (and who have to use this crappy system) go ahead and believe every word that the media prints....hey isn't that how our country has gotten into the crappy situation it's in now...trusting the liberal, biased media?

Moi? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.