I-95 Corridor Ham Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I will soon be traveling through Georgia along I-95 on my way to Orlando, and I was wondering if there are any wide-area VHF or UHF ham repeaters along the route?

I am trying to put together a list to get my radios programmed for the trip so I will at least be able to try and makes some contacts the whole way down and back.

Thanks!

jchjr1114

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,

I will soon be traveling through Georgia along I-95 on my way to Orlando, and I was wondering if there are any wide-area VHF or UHF ham repeaters along the route?

I am trying to put together a list to get my radios programmed for the trip so I will at least be able to try and makes some contacts the whole way down and back.

Thanks!
Try this blog it covers the coastal Georgia area from Savannah to Brunswick Amateur Radio « KF4LMT's Monitoring Post and Blog

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Repeaters on I-95 in GA

jchjr1114, thanks for posting the list on my blog. Oddly enough I just put it up the other day, so it hasn't been there long.

ATF1224, If you like 70cm, the 442.700 in Savannah will carry you from before the SC/GA line down almost to Darien. Just south of Darien, you can pick up the 444.625 out of the Kingsland area and carry it down south of the GA/FL line; both repeaters have great coverage. While in the Savannah area you can also keep an ear on the 146.970 repeater, it is the most used repeater in the Savannah area. In Brunswick, the most active repeater is the 146.685; it doesn't have the coverage of the big repeaters, but there is almost always someone listening.

Mac
KF4LMT
Savannah and Brunswick

jchjr1114

Premium Subscriber
jchjr1114, thanks for posting the list on my blog. Oddly enough I just put it up the other day, so it hasn't been there long.

ATF1224, If you like 70cm, the 442.700 in Savannah will carry you from before the SC/GA line down almost to Darien. Just south of Darien, you can pick up the 444.625 out of the Kingsland area and carry it down south of the GA/FL line; both repeaters have great coverage. While in the Savannah area you can also keep an ear on the 146.970 repeater, it is the most used repeater in the Savannah area. In Brunswick, the most active repeater is the 146.685; it doesn't have the coverage of the big repeaters, but there is almost always someone listening.

Mac
KF4LMT
Savannah and Brunswick

Your welcome Mac I look at your blog prety frequently you do a good job with it.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Jake,

When you reach Jacksonville, FL (I-295 & I-95), listen to these frequencies:
444.200+ PL 127.3
146.700- PL 127.3
These are the main two (independently-supported) repeaters in JAX metro area.

You'll go through St. Augustine, Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Daytona Beach, Ormond Beach, etc.

If you have D-STAR capability, see this website: NE-FL D-STAR System

I'd also check out the Florida Repeater Council website for the most up-to-date listing (that I know of)
Florida Repeater Council Home Page

If you "need" ham gear, try Amateur Electronic Supply (AES) in Orlando (look for their repeater with A-E-S in the callsign) AES Home page

Safe travels,

Status
Not open for further replies.