What happened to Douglas County Georgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibandra

Hello...I love Scanner Radio but for the last several days my county, Douglas County Georgia has been full of static or reconnecting all the time...Does anyone know when or if it will be fixed?...lol...I have a teenage son who just started driving on his own and love to have it on when he is on the road...I miss it alot...sniff sniff....

Bujinkan

The disconnects could very well be the times I've had to reboot the firewall since I'm reconfiguring it. Not sure about the static. This has happened in the past and cleared itself. I have adjusted squelch and that didn't help. I've moved the unit closer to the window with no help. I've removed and cleaned the antenna connection, no help. So.... don't know what it is. Since the first report, I've hoped I would run across a deputy to ask if there are any issues. My luck is that I haven't seen a single one.

There will be disconnects from system reboots from time to time since I do keep the system up to date. Same with the firewall. The PC providing the feed is on a DMZ behind the firewall keeping it from accessing the LAN.

There are devices you can put on/in the car that will monitor where the teenager goes. You can remove it when he comes home and download the information that will include his path and speed. Also, if you have a smartphone and he does, you can install Google Latitude that will allow you to check his location at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.