City of Decatur signals and 10 codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbutera

Anyone have a list of the signals and 10 codes used in the City of Decatur? We have figured many out, but they do not seem to be the same (completely) as those used in Dekalb County.

And a definite shout out to Home Patrol. My wife would never touch my previous 2 scanners, even when I programmed them and had them all set up (she's a software engineer, but never found the handheld scanner interfaces intuitive). Since I got a Home Patrol, she keeps it on pretty much all of our waking hours! It definitely makes scanning more accessible for non-radio-techies. My wife's biggest fear now is that if she ever has to call 911, she's going to start speaking in signals :)

rbutera

Thanks?

I'm posting because I tried those already. I'd buy the Radio Reference book if I knew they were in there.

Which gets to another question: why does every municipality have different codes? Even adjacent ones that surely have to interact at times. For example, Decatur is the county seat of Dekalb county - why not use the same codes as Dekalb? I'm sure there is a good reason (is there?)

Status
Not open for further replies.