Oconee Co. Sherriff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeddleMan

...couldn't find it here. Have they made the move to another system? I could only copy FD in that county this past holiday weekend. If they have made it official, then I am officially out of the scanning game, as far as the local Sherriff goes. I can still copy ACCPD on the conventional trunk. I do not plan on buying any digital equipment any time soon.

MeddleMan

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Dont worry, they still record everything and you can submit an open records request and get a copy of any audio you want and then post it on here. A delay of about 45 days...but we can still listen to Oconee Co!!!

AerialEars

Dont worry, they still record everything and you can submit an open records request and get a copy of any audio you want and then post it on here. A delay of about 45 days...but we can still listen to Oconee Co!!!

In my mind, this is not a solution!

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Is crime really that bad in Oconee Co. that law enforcement has to encrypt ALL the time?

Haha, no. They are a small mostly rural sheriff's office with a low call volume. They typically run 4 deputies on a shift to cover the whole county.

The Western Judicial Curcuit Drug Task force which covers Clarke and Oconee was already using encrypted mobile to mobile and mostly Nextels so no issue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.