Rockdale County DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunyax

Rockdale County now has a P25 Phase 2 control channel up on 856.1125. Site ID BEE00-541 with alternate channels 856.5375 and 857.5625.

nbarco

Premium Subscriber
Before you put it on eBay, make sure that they are not encrypted. I would be willing to bet that if its Phase II P25 then it will probably be encrypted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iamretired911

So with my novice mind, then if it is encrypted, then no scanner will work if I'm correct.

Before you put it on eBay, make sure that they are not encrypted. I would be willing to bet that if its Phase II P25 then it will probably be encrypted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nunyax

Rockdale's DTRS is live. The analog system is still up (CC 856.1125 still going) but seems to be silent. The DTRS (CC 856.5375) is showing lots of traffic on Unitrunker with TGIDs 1, 10 and 100 the most active. The signal is very low at my location but the talkgroups are Phase 1 as my Pro-106 is decoding a few words here and there.

CapStar362

i have not heard anything about Rockdale going globally encrypted from my couple of SO Friends, except the sensitive channels. they are supposed to be getting new towers ( 2 or 3 i think ) to get better coverage to the east side and north side of the county. i dont have any P25 Capable scanners but i do know that i live about 5-8 miles from the south tower that is on Smyrna Rd right off Hwy 212......if i ever did get something ( unlikely ) that could receive P25 II i would get a good signal.

Conyers_gEEk

Thanks for the info in this thread. My Pro-96 suffered a failure a couple of weeks ago when the conductor from the telescoping antenna broke off in the BNC connector. In trying to get the conductor, which broke off flush with the BNC connector dielectric, out, I broke the rigid wire connecting the antenna jack to the motherboard. I got that fixed, but still couldn't pick anything up. Then I opened the bank and realized that the digital swapover had occurred.

I am picking up the new system pretty well with my Pro-96. I live not far from the monastery. It sounds like talkgroup 00001 is the Sheriff Dispatch and 00100 is Fire/EMS Dispatch. As mentioned before, there is also a talkgroup ID of 00010, but I am not sure what that is. Talkgroup ID 00006 appears to be the Sheriff Traffic channel. I get an occasional talkgroup ID of 00003 which sounds scrambled so that may be an encrypted talkgroup. As stated before, nothing seems to be coming across the old talkgroups. I am curious as to whether or not encryption will be enabled on the main dispatch channels once everything is up an running, if it isn't already.

There was a Rockdale News story about the swapover at Final testing coming for emergency radio system

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.