habersham county radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Habersham county is recently encrypted?
Thanks

rapidcharger

It sounds very much in the clear to me then again I'm listening to what could be an analog simulcast.
I was not aware Habersham went digital and apparently neither is the FCC.
It wouldn't be the first time.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
Thanks; there was an article in the Northeast Georgian about a month ago concerning a total overhaul of the public safety radio system in Habersham. Nothing was different until last couple of days since 1/28/13 or so; live feed also remarks SO and PD streams seem absent.
Cheers

rapidcharger

The frequency in the database shows 155.13 for SO dispatch. That's what I tuned into. Is that the frequency? The dispatcher was putting out a weather warning for habersham county .

I checked the ULS for any digital emission designators and didn't see any. But they could go unlicensed for weeks like barrow county did.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
I think it is 155.31000 for sheriff dispatch. I inputted all 23 habersham freqs. for public safety according to radioreference database; all they are using regularly at present seems to be fire and ems dispatch, but weather warnings are across all channels I guess. You are probably right, if there has been a change it may take quite a while to be recognized as licensed.

nunyax

155.130 is Rabun County SO dispatch. 155.310 is listed as Habersham SO dispatch but I think it is actually the Fire dispatch. I'm not in front of my scanner but if I remember correctly, Habersham used 155.190 and 155.790 for SO and city PDs.

I'm glad I'm not the only one not hearing them anymore. Something has changed in Habersham. When I monitored them on Friday 1/25 during the ice scare I didn't hear a peep on 155.190 or 155.790. Just fire and EMS on their own frequencies. Since them I've not heard any patrol activity when monitoring.

I've gone back through the feed archives and the last normal amount of routine patrol traffic was on 1/24.

I've listened with no PL and still haven't heard them. While I'm a long way from them they used to come in down here with a decent signal. Unless they now have much reduced coverage I don't know what's become of the SO and city PDs.

pbarber

Premium Subscriber
Yes, thanks for corroborating my observations. I guess radioreference won't know anything until advised by FCC.
happy scanning

rapidcharger

Seeing how we're talking about a county renowned for their lawsuits over their roadside strip searches, I really wouldn't be surprised if they went incognito on some unlicensed frequencies so nobody could find them. That's what barrow county tried to do.

nunyax

I do hear MOTOTRBO/DMR on 153.485 and 155.955 which are both licensed to Habersham, among others. Habersham's licenses are only for analog. The signals aren't local to me as they show 2-3 bars out of 5 on my 106. This is about the same strength as the analog signals I receive from Habersham. Looking at the other license holders for those two frequencies, none of them seem likely. Just another possibility.

shadcall

Yes, thanks for corroborating my observations. I guess radioreference won't know anything until advised by FCC.
happy scanning

FYI, Radio Reference's database is updated by submissions from listeners like yourself. The FCC does not notfiy RR of changes. So keep listening and if you find something not in the database submit it so the database administrators can make the changes, but make sure it is verified by listening and not just speculation.

country2

Well crap! Looks like my scanning area is getting smaller.

At least I'm in Banks County and its still open....so far.

rapidcharger

Well crap! Looks like my scanning area is getting smaller.

At least I'm in Banks County and its still open....so far.

fyi.gif

Banks recently put out a RFP for nexedge equipment.
vhf conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.