Polk County,GA went Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfkeith

I know that Polk County including Cedartown and Rockmart went Mototrbo several months ago, like a thief in the night, however would like to know more. Their are using the 450-460 mhz band. I also know that there are several software programs that can break through. Just want to know if anyone have attempted to do so.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
this is odd found a set of data channels but it wont talk gives ids in mot. 53360 its 460.150,460.350, 460.400 id 20592 460.550 460.475 460.050 all in mot ids showup but im unable too trunk it dunno what the prob is ;/ <--that might be polk cos freq it comes out in mot ids but unable too hear anything just the data chans

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
this is odd found a set of data channels but it wont talk gives ids in mot. 53360 its 460.150,460.350, 460.400 id 20592 460.550 460.475 460.050 all in mot ids showup but im unable too trunk it dunno what the prob is ;/ <--that might be polk cos freq it comes out in mot ids but unable too hear anything just the data chans

It's MotoTRBO, unless you are using DSD with a discriminator tap, no commercially available scanner can decode it- and according to the article, they are using advanced privacy- so even with DSD, it is impossible (and illegal) to attempt to monitor it.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
ok thanks and nah i wouldnt even know how too nor owuld i just think about the money they paid for the system and it comes out of our pocketts but no worries thanks for the help

rapidcharger

ok thanks and nah i wouldnt even know how too nor owuld i just think about the money they paid for the system and it comes out of our pocketts but no worries thanks for the help

Well technically, it's not the motoTRBO (DMR) systems that get scrutinized by the waste and fraud brigade or budget hawks, it's usually the P25 trunking systems. MotoTRBO is significantly cheaper. It can even be cheaper than an analogue system. It's essentially business class equipment.

There's no excuse for the encryption and it's clear they're a bunch of good ol' boys who've got something to hide but as far as the money goes, I'd say congratulations because it could've been a lot worse.

Hopefully they'll simulcast the fire/ems so you'll have something to listen to.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
welp im greatful cause im able too get more then just them its why i became a broadcaster im hopen too add a few in bama as well but i get out between 50-70 miles with outside and nearly that with the magnetmount in the attic but been nice to hear the very county i live in anywho time too teek what i can listen too thanks for all the help yall :)

Cedartown1

The guy that installed the Polk system told me a week or so ago it will finally go encrypted if it hasn't already by now.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
Polk County Public Safety

Polk County, GA., Two Site, UHF / MotoTRBO trunked system.
Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQPI329 - Polk County Board of Commissioners
ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Trunked License - WQPI329 - POLK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
Frequency Emission Designator: 7K60FXE

System Name: Polk County Public Safety
County: Polk
System Type: MOTOTRBO Connect Plus
System Voice: TRBO
System ID: Unknown

System Frequencies:
Site Name
001 (1) Cedartown 01 460.05000 02 460.15000 03 460.35000 04 460.47500
Output Repeater Freq.'s, Input freq.'s are + 5.000

Site Name
002 (2) Rockmart 01 453.27500 02 453.63750 03 453.78750 04 460.40000
Output Repeater Freq.'s, Input freq.'s are + 5.000

I am not sure which freq.'s are the control channels or if all of them can be used as a control channel or if they
even use a control channel on this type system similar to a P-25 system.
I believe the correct system type is MOTOTRBO Connect Plus since there are two trunked sites on this system.
Not sure if these two tower sites are linked together or not, no microwave sites have been found yet.
If they are not using MW linking they could be using RF over fiber optics to link the two sites together.
Not sure if these freq.’s have to be in LCN order for trunking or not.
Since the audio can’t be decoded with any current scanner whether encrypted or not, I am not sure if any current
scanner can even trunk these type trunked systems or not.

Last edited:

r_johnson2007

There's no excuse for the encryption and it's clear they're a bunch of good ol' boys who've got something to hide but as far as the money goes, I'd say congratulations because it could've been a lot worse.

Hopefully they'll simulcast the fire/ems so you'll have something to listen to.

I'm often shocked and appalled at how passive and docile (read "dumbed down") so many people, even seasoned radiomen, seem to be regarding the issue of encryption in PUBLIC safety systems. Because you're exactly right, Rapidcharger. It is just a network of good old boys (and their controllers) trying to hide their dirty little secrets from us.

It's also interesting how the "The State" wants to encrypt all their communications, yet it is supposed to be a punishable offense for a "civilian" to do it? i.e. Backdoors, Government Hacking and The Next Crypto Wars

Can anyone say Police State?

In other words, it is allegedly a crime for anyone to listen in on (or stop) someone committing an even bigger crime. That's logic ... and most of the sheeple buy into into hook, line and sinker. But, as we know, laws are always made by those in power. AH HA! Number one tip-off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.