how too trunk 800 mhz systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
Ive been haven trouble trunking all systems except p25.What im woundering is even when i do it right it wont trunk at all.Any help would be most apprated.Sorry im not good at spelling part of my disablty.But ill try too make the point right hopefully anyways..

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
my bad ill delet this one im not thinking sorry about that ;/
No.

You have it wrong. The one linked above has been closed. Use this one.

And as a further point, do not hijack other people's threads with off topic questions that are not the topic of the thread. I just deleted a post where you attempted to hijack someone's thread.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
oh i didnt realise i was well im done posten then seems like people just finding reason too pick at me about everything im doing might just be me but im done posten dont need no trouble or get in trouble got enought on my mind with mom going for surgery today thanks for the time allowing me to post ect im leaven this website yall be blessed :)..not mad or sad just dont want trouble

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Go Ahead

Ive been haven trouble trunking all systems except p25.What im woundering is even when i do it right it wont trunk at all.Any help would be most apprated.Sorry im not good at spelling part of my disablty.But ill try too make the point right hopefully anyways..

I would be happy to program & ship the file to you via email if you were to tell me what you want to listen to on your Pro-197. This would work, provided you are using Win500 as your programming software. I have nothing but time on my hands.

You have a wonderful radio. Please, tell me what county you are wanting to monitor along with which services you want to monitor.

I checked the Radio Reference database for Polk county & saw nothing that you could monitor regarding trunking systems. Yes, there is trunking system present in your county, but you cannot monitor such with the equipment you possess. According to the disclaimer posted, this trunking system is similar to Nextel. Hence, it cannot be monitored by a trunk-tracking radio like the Pro-197 or any other commercially available police scanner. By line of sight, you might be able to monitor the trunking system in Atlanta, provided you have an outside antenna.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
PM Sent

yeah ive got the unlocked version i bought it and yeah ill get the list up thanks for the pffer it may take me abit too find every one i wanna trunk

I sent a Private Message to you concerning the programming. The LTR system you mentioned has only one talk group listed.

I have my doubts about you being able to monitor an LTR system from where you live. But, I will program this if you like.

N8IAA

I sent a Private Message to you concerning the programming. The LTR system you mentioned has only one talk group listed.

I have my doubts about you being able to monitor an LTR system from where you live. But, I will program this if you like.

It's terrain, distance, and location that prevent him from hearing these systems. The LTR system he's trying to hear is not being used. That county has gone to Mototrbo.
10X, sorry to hear your mom had to have surgery:(
Larry

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
well shes outta it atm they keeping her for the night they drilled 2 hole in the side of her hip if theres no infection they will go in and fix it cause the butthead doc she had messed up her hip now the screws are comming lose shes been in alot of pain and thankyou all prayers are needed for her speedy recovery..ive been playing around with my ant. i did pick up cel co bama for about 30mins then it just stopped after sun came up i need too go higher on my ant its now out in front of the house away from metal just a matter of shooting it up about 10 more feet that will helpout alot cause im ona hill but not ahigh one

N8IAA

Band conditions are good tonight because of the weather fronts moving in. I was picking up counties to the north of me that I never get:) You might find doing a service search may get you some interesting listening on VHF/UHF.
Just stay positive.
You might have saved yourself some grief by posting your problems with the trunking systems here in the GA forum.
Just look out for the snow/sleet/freezing junk coming in tomorrow morning.
Larry

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
ham radio opers been busy listen too the area nets you guys rock i have very much respect for ham radio opers and you guys know your stuff so when a ham radio oper tells me something i usally listen but yeah spring done left the south east you ever seen that vid i did of mondays storm i went over it a few times the trees started too swirll around same with the rain i dunno if it was a tornado but sure looked like it
yeah im trying too understand i ask questions cause trunking is still new too me since 1992 ive been a scanner hobbiest but never reaily was good at trunking ;/ so im trying too learnn it i do alot of googleing on stuff too so i get a better idea and someones helping on the edu systems he was nice enought too do this for me anywho bakc too learning you have a blessed even and stay warm

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
ell ive just about got calhoun comming in and cobb its still faint but im getting cobb and divlle ids so im close ill be trunking them soon just order new 50 ft of rg-6 coaxies i believe thats my prob the coaxies i have is about 8 years old so order rg-6 cause ive heard about how good it does and has very low loss so will see thanks too the forums ive learned more in the last mo then i have all the years ive been scanning since 1992 thanks again all :) have ablessed day in the Lord

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Win500 Programming Completed

Today, I sent you an email with the attached documents, a WIn500 file for your area; & a Word Document showing the various scan lists.

I finally finished the programming this afternoon. Let me know if it works well. I adjusted the thresholds for several of the trunking systems.

Adios

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Weird, Will Try Again.

it wouldnt let me dl it said it was blocked for some reason ;/

Which one, the Word Document or WIn500 would not download?

You have to open the Win500 when you are inside that software. You should be able to save it to a document & then open it while in Win500.

I am going to forward it again.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Status

both said file was blocked dunno why and i dont see it now ;/

So, you were able to download them? I might have overloaded the email with two files. Sending them separately might have helped. Hope it works.
By the way, you may end up trimming some conventional frequencies or talk groups. I attempted to find things within a 60 mile range. If you want me to program DeKalb County Trunking, that might be a stretch since most towns were over 60 miles. Let me know if you want me to add this trunking system. Also, I programmed a new P25 system which did not have many talk groups.

I did not notice the location of the gentleman helping you. He is likely a great source of information since he knows something about the systems you are wanting to monitor. Hope you mom heals well & avoids unnecessary pain.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Google Documents Share

only thing it dled was some things on why it failed too send a reply ;/

Let's try this. Here are the two documents in Google Documents:

I believe you will have to download the Win500 before it can be opened in such.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-XdyiJvLa1oQnpudVk5YzhfYlk/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-XdyiJvLa1oclJvaE91aTlwS0U/edit?usp=sharing

If this works, you should be able to go to "file" and download these onto your computer. Please, let me know if this works.

Status
Not open for further replies.