USFS North GA Repeater Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
I have been listening to a USFS freq 168.775 here in Carnesville GA for a few months now . It said on the RF data base that this Freq is coming out of Blairsville GA but I have just heard some chatter on a Brass Town Bald Repeater.

Does any body know where all of the Chattahoochee National Forest USFS repeaters are located at? And how many are they using?

The scanner feed that I am streaming has this Freq in the scan list if any one wants to listen. USFS is generally not that busy tho.

ecps92

What PL Tone ???

As for Rptr sites, we do know of
Long Mtn - Need PL
Bald - Need PL
Glassy Mtn - 114.8
OConee - 136.5
Long Creek - Need PL

I have been listening to a USFS freq 168.775 here in Carnesville GA for a few months now . It said on the RF data base that this Freq is coming out of Blairsville GA but I have just heard some chatter on a Brass Town Bald Repeater.

Does any body know where all of the Chattahoochee National Forest USFS repeaters are located at? And how many are they using?

The scanner feed that I am streaming has this Freq in the scan list if any one wants to listen. USFS is generally not that busy tho.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
The scanners and Radios I am using to pick up this radio traffic are all programmed with no tone so I can hear everything. But I am pretty sure that this Freq is used nation wide because I will pick up very faint signals ( Guessing ) North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. I will hear roads and Mountain ranges that I have never heard / seen before.

Out of your list above I have heard the Long Mt, Brass town Bald, Glassy, and I think Long Creek all being vocalized when the ranger keys up that specific repeater trying to raise some one on the other end.

ecps92

Yes, Frequencies will get re-used by other forests, but generally with a different PL tone so as to prevent any interference or error in messages when the info is not from their forest.

However I only have GA for this Freq in your area.
NC/SC/TN use others

The scanners and Radios I am using to pick up this radio traffic are all programmed with no tone so I can hear everything. But I am pretty sure that this Freq is used nation wide because I will pick up very faint signals ( Guessing ) North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. I will hear roads and Mountain ranges that I have never heard / seen before.

Out of your list above I have heard the Long Mt, Brass town Bald, Glassy, and I think Long Creek all being vocalized when the ranger keys up that specific repeater trying to raise some one on the other end.

kk4dnl

Feed Provider
well maybe some of the USFS districts in South Ga instead of North GA where I am.

I made that assumption just based off of the mountains in those states all have National Forest areas and are higher then My location so just wild guessing.

where I have my scanner at here in Carnesville GA I can pick up Brass town Bald and Glassy mt very well. Other repeaters are a little week/ low volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.