Updates on Cobb P25 Phase 2 rollout

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickW

Anyone have a timeline on the Cobb Co. P25 migration to Phase 2 ?
Will they be using any Encrytion?

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
it's already underway. the MGEG software was patched a couple of months ago, since they are already running GTR/GGM hardware, it's only a matter of patching the sites. All of that went down when the new CAD was rolled out after the 1st of the year.

Not sure about new subscriber units. But I have heard by the end of the year per the contract.

Encryption use won't change from what it is currently (which is only on specialized talkgroups like SWAT, MCS, etc).

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
And the new CAD that was rolled out was a huge mistake! Nothing but complaints from Dispatchers and users in the field!

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Erik - I chuckled when I read your opening sentence above. Mike (b7spectra) and I spent many years with AT&T/BellSouth and like your comment above, we "evolved" (?) to the point where we could not carry on a conversation or answer a question with speaking in acronyms. Hope you know I'm teasing - it's just the world we live in and Motorola is a first cousin of the type systems we used to deal with.

Metrofire31

K4SVT

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
cobb

one source said end of 2016..another said 2018...hmmm going to take this project like the Phase 1 system?

Status
Not open for further replies.