Houston County upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
So Houston County announced today the E-911 is being upgraded after 12 years of service. Does anybody know what radio system this will be going to? Also whether it's joining CGIRRS?

nunyax

Commissioners approve upgrades for 911 Center

Commissioners approve upgrades for 911 Center - hhjonline.com Sept 7, 2016

The timeline for the 911 Center upgrades is as follows: order systems, begin factory testing, begin tower upgrades, begin installation of systems, begin 911 upgrades, purchase furniture, begin field testing and cutover by the deadline, July 2017

From the minutes of the commissioner's meeting:

Motion by Mr. Thomson, second by Mr. McMichael and carried unanimously by all to authorize Chairman Stalnaker to sign all contract documents with Motorola Solutions, Inc. to upgrade the E-911 communications system to include the APCO P25 Phase 2 800 MHz Trunking System with Microwave Backbone Network; the IP-Based NG9-1-1 telephony system; the 911 Center Facility refurbishment; and the 911 Center Dispatch Furniture at a total cost of $6,500,000. This is a 2012 SPLOST funded project

No mention of CGIRRS.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I was listening to a repeater owner and ham radio operator locally talking about the Houston County upgrading their system supposely from what the guy was talking about the repeaters around the area will be down for two weeks maybe longer depends on the upgrade process.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
We're near a year later, so I'm bumping this. Any updates?

AE4VE

The database states that Houston County switched from P25 Phase 1 to Phase 2.
Can anyone confirm this? Because my Pro-106 (which is only Phase 1 compatible) Scanner still picks up some traffic.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
Because nothing has happened yet. The submission was too soon instead of after starting the upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.