Does anyone have the Columbus Georgia Police run codes in Excel or text format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaycock

Does anyone have the Columbus Georgia Police run codes in Excel or text format?

I would like to be able to make my own printed format. All I have been able to find so far are pdf versions, and most of those are missing codes or are out of numerical order.

I have the official run code list from CPD, however it is in print out form and I do not have time to type it all into Excel or a text format. If someone can provide an existing xls or txt file, I will be glad to update it if necessary and repost it here.

Thanks,
Carlton

QDP2012

If you can provide a link to the .pdf file, or can scan your printed document and post it in this thread, then someone here might be able to convert that into an editable document, and post it here and/or use it to build an RR Wiki page. Any corrections you can also list here would help as well.

Just a thought,

chaycock

I found the pdf on this site, however, it is missing a lot of the codes, which is why I was hoping someone else had another source.

QDP2012

Are you able to scan the print-out you have (possibly as a .pdf format file) and post a human-readable image of it here? If so, some people here might be able to help you get the information into an editable format.

Edit: I see your answer posted while I was typing.

Last edited:

QDP2012

I found the pdf on this site, however, it is missing a lot of the codes, which is why I was hoping someone else had another source.

After a quick search of the DB and Wiki, I haven't found the link to the .pdf file. Can you copy-paste it (the link) into this thread?

Thanks,

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
A word of explanation on those codes. First, the second link posted by Chaycock is pretty much a complete list. The codes in the first list are correct but incomplete.

The detail codes are used to help clarify the dispatch. For instance, a 7500 is a business burglary but if it's dispatched as a 7501, it is a burglary progress. If it's dispatched as a 7502, it's an attempt. A 7503 code would be for a secondary officer backing up the primary officer on the call. The 3's are seldom used anymore. The dispatcher will simply tell the officer to back up so-and-so on a 7501, for instance.

Those number were originally devised several years ago as a means of tracking types of calls. It's used in conjunction with officer beats to help evenly distribute the workload. The same numbers are also used in crime analysis. A 7500, for instance, would also be an LUCR (for Local Uniform Crime Reporting) number. The incident reports are coded with those numbers by records personnel for recordkeeping purposes.

I worked for Columbus PD for over 3 decades and spent many of those years working Crime Analysis.

QDP2012

Good evening KK4JUG,

Thank you for the code-use clarification. A note has been added to the wiki page accordingly. There are a few conflicting codes in the Wiki page that have been marked with "??", where the two lists mentioned earlier disagreed slightly. Any help correcting those, and adding any missing ones would be appreciated.

Thank you also for your service in law enforcement.

chaycock

QDP2012,

I have a copy of the official CPD run code list but do not have time to compare it to the wiki and update any mistakes. I have it scanned into a jpg file (about 3.5MB) and tried attaching it here but apparently you can only attach very small files. So, I uploaded it to DropBox and have made it available. Here is the link where you can download it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4aq59nnlxtnnkov/runcodes.jpg?dl=0

Also, thank you for taking the time to create that page and populate it with the initial data!

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Good evening KK4JUG,

Thank you for the code-use clarification. A note has been added to the wiki page accordingly. There are a few conflicting codes in the Wiki page that have been marked with "??", where the two lists mentioned earlier disagreed slightly. Any help correcting those, and adding any missing ones would be appreciated.

Thank you also for your service in law enforcement.

Let me do some checking to make sure none of the codes have changed. I've been out since 2007. When I get the proper information, I'll give you the information or you can give me edit permission to change it.

QDP2012

chaycock,

I've converted the image from dropbox into an editable .docx file, but its rendering is a little ugly at this point. I'll use its data to update the Wiki page, and post here when that is done, so you can review it and let us know here how well it does or does not work for you.

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

Let me do some checking to make sure none of the codes have changed. I've been out since 2007. When I get the proper information, I'll give you the information or you can give me edit permission to change it.

Let me update the Wiki page with the entire list that chaycock put on DropBox. It will use it as the correct-list, and remove the conflicts that exist now. If you can verify that the list in DropBox matches with your most recent list, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

chaycock

KK4JUG,

It's nice to see a fellow ham from Columbus on here. If you ever want to chat, my email address on QRZ is good.

Carlton
K2CMH

chaycock

I think I got that list around 2010 or so, so it should not be too terribly out of date. I'm guessing that KK4JUG probably has access to a more recent list.

Just out of curiosity, what did you use to OCR the dropbox file into a Word doc? My attempts at OCR did not really produce anything that would have been usable without a lot of manual clean up.

QDP2012

I think I got that list around 2010 or so, so it should not be too terribly out of date. I'm guessing that KK4JUG probably has access to a more recent list.

Just out of curiosity, what did you use to OCR the dropbox file into a Word doc? My attempts at OCR did not really produce anything that would have been usable without a lot of manual clean up.

I used Adobe Acrobat Pro to do the OCR, and to do the conversion into Word. The OCR .pdf file was more useful for copy-paste procedures into the Wiki, so I ignored the Word file.

The Wiki page now matches the document in the DropBox folder.

Please update the Wiki page as needed.

Hope this helps,

QDP2012

Let me update the Wiki page with the entire list that chaycock put on DropBox. It will use it as the correct-list, and remove the conflicts that exist now. If you can verify that the list in DropBox matches with your most recent list, that would be very helpful.

The Wiki page has been updated and is ready for your verification.

You should be able to log-in to the Wiki, if you use the log-in box that's in the left navigation column on any Wiki-page.
If you are not able to successfully login, then you might want to post a message in the Wiki-forum, and ask the Wiki Admin, W9BU, for assistance.

Hope this helps,

Status
Not open for further replies.