Lumpkin County considering new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxDuster

Premium Subscriber
Interesting....I wonder if its Mototrbo or P25. With that price I would expect trbo. The article does say that the citizens with scanners that won't be able to listen is a downside to the project. That's a refreshing attitude. As long as they don't put encryption on it there are a handful of scanners that would still be able to monitor assuming it's one of the common protocols. If anyone has more info it would be nice to see it.

micco

More than likely Mototrbo. If Mobilcom is involved it will be Mototrbo. Which of negates the desire to improve communications with state agencies...

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Stole the words right out of my mouth. It's sad to see these agencies go to Mototrbo. It was never designed for public safety and it hurts the already huge interoperability communication problem this state has had for years. Staying on VHF is a very very smart move for them, considering the all the dead areas rural counties in Florida have that went to 800 Mhz system near my home. It would be great for them to go to a VHF P25 system. Great interoperability with the state law enforcement here in Georgia,

Status
Not open for further replies.