Morgan County Mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
So I know that Morgan County Public Safety have been on a VHF DMR Trunked system for a few years now. I have been scanning the VHF band and I found a few frequencies that they are using. 152.7265, 152.580, 152.16, 152.1575, etc... I confirmed they are using these by reading another thread on here were someone confirmed that 152.7125 is being used as the system CW and when I was near a MCSO deputy he keyed up his radio and my close call caught a few of the frequencies listed above. So I know these are some of the frequencies they are using, however non of these frequencies are licensed with the FCC in Georgia or any of the surrounding states. Does anyone have any other clue what is going on here or is Morgan County just simply going rouge? Haha

abnrto

Premium Subscriber
They are not going rouge. The freq's they are using is licensed but Morgan does not own them. Also, you are close on the freq's. Due to county agreement im not able to give out the exact ones.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
They are not going rouge. The freq's they are using is licensed but Morgan does not own them. Also, you are close on the freq's. Due to county agreement im not able to give out the exact ones.

I have all their frequencies now, but none of them came back with a FCC license for any state. I knew they had to be using a system belonging to another business or entity. It's sad that they went to DMR instead of P25 VHF that would have been interoperable and more flexible. Thank you for replying.

- Dawson Adams
GMRS: WQPN413

Status
Not open for further replies.