Trying to only receive Heard County from the Western Area Regional Radio System Autho

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaKSeven

Good morning,

I have a Uniden BCD325P2 which I have set up with all the frequencies for the Western Area Regional Radio System Authority (WARRS). The WARRS is used by my county and several surrounding counties.

I am trying to only receive traffic from the talkgroups in my county (Heard County), but cannot find a way to exclude the other talk groups which seem to be automatically located upon hearing radio traffic coming through the WARRS system.

Here is the page with the list of the freqs and the talkgroups. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5078

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was trying to set up the scanner so the kids could listen, but right now the mass amount of traffic makes it too confusing for them to follow (and for myself also).

Thank you for your time.
KSeven

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
Simply delete the talkgroups you don't want. I will assume you use Freescan. If not, you need too. There are plenty of tutorials that will show you how to use the simple program and it's free.

If you are doing this manually, it is easy since there are only a handful of talkgroups. Once you put them in, be sure the scanner is on ID scan NOT ID Search. You do this by pushing function then scan as the system is scanning. This will insure you only scan the talkgroups you put in the system.

Hope this helps.

GeorgiaKSeven

Thank you for the assistance. I don't use freescan because we really just wanted to hear the radio traffic for the fire department here and that is only a few codes.

Your suggestion worked perfect. I had the codes inputted for the talkgroups that we wanted to hear, but my system was set on ID Search. I changed it to ID Scan and it lets us listen to the specific talkgroups we have inputted.

Thank you again. It was getting very frustrating not being able to figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.