Georgia Tech Going P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4RDO

Silent Key
Ga tech switched from analog conventional to p25 conventional encrypted at least 5 years ago. They've never had a trunk system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanRollman

Database Admin
Yup. AES-256.

I've been trying to sync up what I've been hearing when monitoring Georgia Tech with what I've read in this forum.

I know Georgia Tech PD used to be on 853.3125 conventional P25 encrypted. Since they left that frequency I've regularly listened to them on talkgroup 19350 on the City of Atlanta P25 system (unencrypted Phase I FDMA). That talkgroup is listed in the RR database as GTPD's Channel 2, but it sure does sound like their regular dispatch channel, at least lately (I don't listen to them all that much).

On the newish Georgia Tech P25 TRS (SysID 0Bh), I hear what sounds like security personnel (not police officers) on TG 251. They are using Phase II TDMA unencrypted there. But I'm not hearing anything that sounds like PD, or seeing much in the way of encrypted talkgroup activity on that system.

I'm far from an expert on Georgia Tech radio usage, but thought I'd share what I'm hearing and see what others think.

Dan

DanRollman

Database Admin
I know Georgia Tech PD used to be on 853.3125 conventional P25 encrypted. Since they left that frequency I've regularly listened to them on talkgroup 19350 on the City of Atlanta P25 system (unencrypted Phase I FDMA). That talkgroup is listed in the RR database as GTPD's Channel 2, but it sure does sound like their regular dispatch channel, at least lately (I don't listen to them all that much).

Georgia Tech PD Dispatch is definitely TG 19350 on the City of Atlanta system, unencrypted. Just heard them dispatched to a car break-in at a student apartment complex on 14th street, and the responding GTPD unit sped past me a minute later on my way to work in midtown.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.