Paulding County DMR system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticoman71

Anyone monitoring the Paulding County DMR system? I have an Uniden BCD436HP with the Motorola Turbo license key... All I hear is PCSO dispatch on talkgroup 100 but really nothing else! No Fire or anything else... Any ideas? Thanks

c4181

Feed Provider
I noticed the same thing while I was visiting the area a few months ago. I wasn't there long so I just assumed there weren't any fire calls.

I visited the same area last year and those channels were definitely active then. I'm clueless as to what happened to them.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
Anyone monitoring the Paulding County DMR system? I have an Uniden BCD436HP with the Motorola Turbo license key... All I hear is PCSO dispatch on talkgroup 100 but really nothing else! No Fire or anything else... Any ideas? Thanks

Did you ever get it to work? Let us know.

I noticed today while scanning the bands that there are some Paulding County public safety frequencies that are not in the database. I found that most systems in the Atlanta area have frequencies missing from the database.

Don't be afraid to scan the bands. Discovering new things is the funnest part of the hobby for me.

ticoman71

Still trying to figure out what the deal is here... Found that if you hold the fire channel (and other channels), it will receive traffic just fine all day long, but never when in scan mode. I am lost as to WTH is going on here. Bad database info? Defective scanner?

budevans

Still trying to figure out what the deal is here... Found that if you hold the fire channel (and other channels), it will receive traffic just fine all day long, but never when in scan mode. I am lost as to WTH is going on here. Bad database info? Defective scanner?

The early versions of the BCD436HP have an issue with poor reception in the 400 Mhz range. Here's something simple you can try to see if it improves your reception.

You need the SMA to BNC adapter that came with the 436 and a BNC antenna. Remove the Uniden supplied antenna, attach the SMA/BNC adapter and connect a BNC antenna.

Give it a try, it might just resolve your issue.

FYI, there are multiple threads in the Uniden forum regarding receptions issues in the UHF and VHF ranges.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber

I listened to Paulding this morning and it stopped on the Fire channel as it normally would. I am afraid the problem is with your scanner. Look to make sure you don't have the fire channel locked out. You will see L/O on your screen if that's the case. On my Uniden 325P2 if you hit L/O once it temporarily locks it out, if you hit it twice it permanently locks it out. To unlock it, just push the L/O button.

I hope this helps. Troubleshooting can be frustrating, but that's how we learn. Keep us updated.

hotboyarchie

Premium Subscriber
;-)Funny

Can't give you all the details. But i'd be willing to bet 1,000,000.000. You Just couldn't receive the other sites. You'll hear FIRE & SO all day on all sites and i won't say more. Bye Now ;-}

shadcall

Have you checked to make sure you have the fire talkgroups enabled in the service types? I have found that sometimes after programming I have to go into that menu item and make sure things are enabled. You may also need to enable other law enforcement services as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.