Columbia Co SD missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

I understand that Columbia Co SD/FD has went encrypted, but I was still monitoring them in hopes of catching a time when the signal went out without encryption. No luck so far. The problem now is I have not heard any encrypted signal for a well now. Does anyone have any information on were they have gone.

N8IAA

I understand that Columbia Co SD/FD has went encrypted, but I was still monitoring them in hopes of catching a time when the signal went out without encryption. No luck so far. The problem now is I have not heard any encrypted signal for a well now. Does anyone have any information on were they have gone.

Are you monitoring the VHF frequencies, or the P-25, Phase II system. What are you monitoring with? There seems to be some NXDN being used also.
Better info gets a better answer:)
Larry

c4181

Feed Provider

I had the same idea to check if they were still encrypted last month when I out that way and there was still plenty of encrypted activity on the P25 Phase II system. Not sure if something has changed since then.

N8IAA

P-25, Phase II system

Just remember, if it the system is using Phase II TGID's, the scanner won't decode them. If the TGID's are encrypted and are Phase I, the scanner will make noise. Is this how you determine if they are encrypted? Being that there are no TGID's listed in the worthless GA database for that system.
Just wondering,
Larry

Jacob

I was able to once again pick them up again on the Freqs. that are in RR. Still encrypted, talk groups are showing up such as 1, 100, but not being able to here the communications it does no good.

Ryangn

Hey Jacob! I see you got them but just to confirm for you - they are still there on the phase II system and still encrypted. Also I like to keep their old analog freqs in the scanner as well just in case someone pops up but I have never heard anything on those either.

Status
Not open for further replies.