Richmond County Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemini1030

I know that RC went to the P25 system. My old scanner is now of no use. I am reading a lot of the information on the new digital scanners and am confused.

I am looking at the Whistler TRX and the Uniden BCD436HP and the Uniden BCD325P2.

Does anyone have any suggestions or advise to offer.

I barely understood the older scanner and the trunking and now the learning curve kicks in.

Thanks in advance.

gtwreck75

Premium Subscriber
I've had the 436 for about a year. The unit is really nice but for me incredibly frustrating to customize (beyond setting some simple favorites). Fortunately I've only had it scanning just RC so I didn't really have a need to go deeper until now. I'm about to try (once again) to try and program the new P25 list that a user posted here. The Uniden database hasn't been updated to reflect that change and I'm not sure when it will be.

My 436 sits in my office and streams to the internet via a Raspberry Pi so in retrospect, the HomePatrol-2 unit would have been better for me. I understand it's a bit easier to use as well.

gemini1030

Thanks. I am leaning heavily to the 436.

BTW. Search the Palmetto 800 here in RR and the new talk groups are already posted. It posts all of the talk groups for the entire network.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
The TRX-1 is good but can get complicated. You're better off using one of the Uniden models that support Phase 2.

I'm still using DSD+ with Nooelec hardware. Works just as good since I have spare desktops.

knowone7

I recommend the Uniden BCD436HP. Its a bit complicated if you are not use to working with handheld radios. The radio is awesome in my opinion. It's fairly simple once you get use to working with it.

Yes the Uniden database hasn't been updated with the new P25 system. The Uniden BCD436HP still can lock in on all the talk groups if you set it for Discovery mode and set it to save in your favorites. You will have all talk groups in no time. However identifying who the talk group ID's belong to want be known until the database is updated. These are all the Law enforcement talk groups for the Richmond-Augusta area.

55373 Augusta University PD Dispatch*
20895 Augusta North PD Dispatch

All others are Augusta PD as well, not sure which Sheriff department, car to car, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.