Athens/Clarke County New system

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I have a client who has been trying to hear activity in the area. She has the Type II system in her radio but is not hearing anything.

Have they switched to a new system recently other than the one that is listed in the DB? I know they were looking at one a few years ago.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
See if she can manually go to 851.0125, 851.2125, 852.0125, 852.5125 and see if there's traffic or a control channel.

gems7883

Premium Subscriber
ACC help

Hello,

I am the client being referred to in the first post. I have a Whistler TRX-1. I had it programmed for clarke but the only thing I can currently pick up is GSP.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
From the looks of that thread, everything is mostly encrypted now and the TRX-1 will not decrypt it.

gems7883

Premium Subscriber
?

Thank you so much Relicwr for responding back. I'm so confused, I was told by 2 different companies that this was the scanner to buy for my area. I am not good at programming/tech stuff so I sent it in to get programmed and now the scanner isn't even the correct one. AHHHH!!!!! All I want to do is listen to my local police. Do you have any idea if there IS a scanner for my area that will decrypt ? Again thanks so much for your help and information. Also, I manually entered the freq. you gave above, I was able to pick up one of those freq. but that was after 2 hours of listening and one of those frequencies picked up a 10-4..lol.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thank you so much Relicwr for responding back. I'm so confused, I was told by 2 different companies that this was the scanner to buy for my area. I am not good at programming/tech stuff so I sent it in to get programmed and now the scanner isn't even the correct one. AHHHH!!!!! All I want to do is listen to my local police. Do you have any idea if there IS a scanner for my area that will decrypt ? Again thanks so much for your help and information. Also, I manually entered the freq. you gave above, I was able to pick up one of those freq. but that was after 2 hours of listening and one of those frequencies picked up a 10-4..lol.

Unfortunately no scanner of any kid can decrypt any type of encryption. Only thing you can probably listen to in your area is Georgia State Patrol or another business/Hospital which can be fun to listen to when on the road or listening to them in your area. Most places in the area are going MotoTRBO/Motorola for businesses, NXDN/IDAS for governments, P25 also for governments.

Last edited:

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

I am the client being referred to in the first post. I have a Whistler TRX-1. I had it programmed for clarke but the only thing I can currently pick up is GSP.

I live nearby in Jackson, you're out of luck for Athens Clarke. They have 99% of their system locked down. You can get some local fire paging and other odds and ends with that radio and Madison County SO is in the clear.

PM for more local info.

kb2crk

I live nearby in Jackson, you're out of luck for Athens Clarke. They have 99% of their system locked down. You can get some local fire paging and other odds and ends with that radio and Madison County SO is in the clear.

PM for more local info.

Oglethorpe county is still in the clear also

MeddleMan

Re: encryption

ACC is of no longer any interest to most listeners. Many other entities to listen to. Unless there is some ligitimate reason to listen to the police, the hobby just got too expensive. Some apps might let you listen in.

Status
Not open for further replies.