Hiram police freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey1213

Does anyone know if Hiram police have a new radion system / frequency? The conventional frequency listed on RR (155.5200) doesn’t have any traffic for them. Every once in a I hear some weak calls for Douglas county fire department. I know the rest of the county went to DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO).

troymail

Silent Key
Not sure if it helps but the license shows 4 frequencies assigned to Hiram Police:

They may not be in use but you might want to check the other 3 frequencies.....

N8IAA

Does anyone know if Hiram police have a new radion system / frequency? The conventional frequency listed on RR (155.5200) doesn’t have any traffic for them. Every once in a I hear some weak calls for Douglas county fire department. I know the rest of the county went to DMR Motorola Capacity Plus Multi Site (TRBO).

Being that they went to the Capacity + system, you won't be hearing much traffic on the VHF frequencies.
155.200 is possibly being used for fire ground usage. That is why you are hearing weak calls.
Fire ground is usually simplex and on handheld radios.

And, for Troymail, the first three frequencies are for statewide interop. Usually used for talking to GSP, or other agencies.
Larry

troymail

Silent Key
Ah then perhaps they are on the TRBO system - just not yet an identified talkgroup....

Maybe then try a wildcard (Whistler) or ID Search (Uniden) on the DMR system and try to find them....

Jacob

Hiram, is on the new Columbia Co Trucking System, they are also being dispatched from CC. Columbia Co Trucking System is encrypted so you will not be able to monitor them.

Jacob

Hiram

Yes, you are right Hiram is in Paulding Co., my bad. My eyes were reading one thing and my mind was seeing something totally different. Think you for the respectful correction. Now I will go hide my face. I was thinking Harlem which is in Columbia Co. once again my bad.

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Yes, you are right Hiram is in Paulding Co., my bad. My eyes were reading one thing and my mind was seeing something totally different. Think you for the respectful correction. Now I will go hide my face.

You know, stuff happens.... no big deal.... just thought I was missing something - which could be since I am no where near Georgia.

Bailey1213

Hiram freq

Hiram GA is indeed in Paulding county and on the PC TRBO system.

Do you happen to know what talk group?

Another post suggested a wild card search (I do have a Whistler TRX-1) Are the directions for a wild card search in the manual? (learned to program via youtube)

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Bailey1213

Ok so I have managed to add a wildcard, I am now picking up DOT and BOE so I know the wildcard is working. I am not picking up city of Hiram. That leads me to believe that they are on another type system. So the search goes on. Is there a way to gain some cule if I can identify the brand / model of the portable radios they are using?

N8IAA

Ok so I have managed to add a wildcard, I am now picking up DOT and BOE so I know the wildcard is working. I am not picking up city of Hiram. That leads me to believe that they are on another type system. So the search goes on. Is there a way to gain some cule if I can identify the brand / model of the portable radios they are using?

What frequencies do you have programmed for your scanner?
Larry

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
I was in Hiram city limits last Saturday for several hours with the scanner on and focusing on the Paulding system.. I didn't hear Hiram PD nor did I hear anybody dispatched to a Hiram City address. I think it's fair to say, based on the information in this database, they are not on the Paulding system. I also had close call on and received no hits.

There was some interesting things that I noticed. I didn't hear any traffic from the Dallas2 or the Acworth site. West Metro ambulance was dispatched from talkgroup 211. The scanner stopped on talkgroup 701 from time to time, but I never heard anything.

I was using a 325P2 scanner hooked up to a Laird multiband NMO antenna on top on the truck.

Hope his helps and Happy Holidays.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
What does the 325 do when it encounters encrytion?

Usually it will stop, you will hear garble, then it will continue to scan a couple of seconds later. You only put up with it a couple of times then you lock it out. I had none of that while in Hiram.

I also tried to find a police car to see what their antennas looked like. With that huge of a commercial district, and given the day and time of year, you would think I would see one. Nope.

Bailey1213

Hiram

I was in Hiram today and walked past a patrol suv and the antennas it had were (my best description) black plastic about 3 inches high, 2 inches in diameter at the base tapering to about 1 inch at the top. Kind of like a large inverted shot glass.

SkiBob

Premium Subscriber
After monitoring more of the Paulding County system, this is what I have found.

I am hearing units being dispatched to Hiram City Limits from talk group 100. I am 80% certain Hiram PD is being dispatched with Paulding SO. My only hesitation is that I have not heard a dispatcher say the word "Hiram" when referring to a unit. Perhaps someone else can monitor and confirm my findings.

I also discovered 2 new frequencies and have no clue where they fit in. They are 451.625 & 452.50. From what I can tell, they are licensed from a private company. If you like a mystery, you can try to solve that one.

Happy New Year

Bailey1213

Hiram Police Dispatch

Paulding County E-911 Center operates 24 hours a day seven days a week and is responsible for answering all 911 calls for the citizens of Paulding County, Georgia. Communications Center personnel dispatch Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services for unincorporated Paulding County and the city of Hiram, and Fire and Emergency Medical Service for the City of Dallas. Dallas Law Enforcement calls are transferred to Dallas PD Dispatch. The citizens of Paulding County are provided quick access to emergency services by a team of 38 highly trained and dedicated personnel

The above is taken from the Paulding County 911 dispatch web page. It states it dispatches city of Hiram and passes the city of Dallas Law Enforcement calls to the Dallas PD Dispatch. I have to agree with the previous post and say Hiram is dispatched by Paulding County but not identified as “Hiram” by name. Possably they are identified by a specific unit number.

Status
Not open for further replies.