Putnam SO frequency and protocol change

Status
Not open for further replies.

big-thurs

I noticed this past Tuesday that the regular analog dispatch channel has gone silent. It seems that they are using the old frequency (155.58) with whatever digital protocol they are set up for. Can anyone verify this? All I hear is the noise of digital radio noise on that frequency with my old analog scanner. I also noticed that a stream of the so analog channel has popped up on broadcastify. Could this be a reaction to the internet stream? I’m not trying to open that particular subject to debate, just curious if anyone knew any reason for the switch.

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
it has nothing to do with whats streamed online. if they went digital, it may be encrypted.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I noticed this past Tuesday that the regular analog dispatch channel has gone silent. It seems that they are using the old frequency (155.58) with whatever digital protocol they are set up for. Can anyone verify this? All I hear is the noise of digital radio noise on that frequency with my old analog scanner. I also noticed that a stream of the so analog channel has popped up on broadcastify. Could this be a reaction to the internet stream? I’m not trying to open that particular subject to debate, just curious if anyone knew any reason for the switch.

SO is dispatching on 155.580 using DMR conventional. Unknown on use of encryption. I’m the one that submitted the update on the database. My friend is going to let me barrow his scanner that decodes DMR. When I get it I should know all the information if it’s not encrypted. It’s a shame tho that all these agencies around here are using all these different digital modes. Interoperability here is a nightmare.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio.”

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Putnam SO started using their 155.4225 analog repeater about two days ago. I’m unsure if they are still using the 155.580 DMR repeater or not anymore. A few months ago PCSO moved dispatch and other traffic to the DMR repeater. I haven’t been able to decode the information from it so I am still unsure about anything to do with it other than it’s DMR. Anyone else know more on what’s going on with Putnam County SO? Thanks.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

big-thurs

That’s funny, I turned on my radio for the first time in probably a week and heard SO traffic on the analog channel. I checked the fcc page and saw that 155.4225 is not listed on the two reapeaters outside of the SO. I am glad I don’t need to upgrade my scanner yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.