Help with Whistler TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning! I recently received a Whistler TRX-1 as a gift. It's been programmed. I live OTP south of Atlanta. It seems to receive several systems downtown but not consistently. I have placed my zip code in hopes of receiving local stuff. It's not working. I'm sure it's something simple. Any suggestions? You can respond here or PM me. If it gets complicated I can give you my #. Thanks!

troymail

Silent Key
Zip code and other locational programming options are "ok" as a place to start but you're better off using the supplied EZ Scan software to import the systems and other things you want to listen to directly.

On the radio or in EZ Scan, you'll want to change "Set Location" from the default On to Off.

You can walk through the import menu options and select a system or systems you want to import.

Alternatively (better option to see what you are doing), when using EZ Scan to do library imports, when you make selections of systems and other things to import into a configuration, select the import type of "Preferred" vs. the default location options.

Not knowing the area and/or issues, two other thoughts - one you can control and the other you can't (at least not much):

Of course, both of these depend upon what you are trying to monitor....

Status
Not open for further replies.