Savannah DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Hey all - I'm just returning from a short visit to Savannah -- found lots of DMR in the area that isn't in the database and plan to get some posted (if allowed...)....

Is anyone in the area trying to capture and submit this stuff? There are several trunk systems - one is a fairly large 13 frequency system with dozens of talkgroups.

The issue that I'm hoping the admins won't object to is that I have most information - frequencies, talkgroups (need to play back and "define" yet). However, I do not have the LCN values for the frequencies --- a combination of (a) the Uniden 436 didn't seem to want to receive the system much at all much less capture the LCN values with the LCN finder and (b) I just wasn't there long enough to work it more (my wife didn't drive to Savannah to play with the scanners.... :D).

As I said, I captured a ton of recordings and information using my Whistler with ease -- the Uniden requires more "perfection" in the programming to make it work properly :roll:

Anyone in the area willing to help work this?

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
You can still submit freqs without confirmed LCNs. Someone or you can do that later for it to be updated.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I live in Savannah, but I'm only in town for a day or two a week and the systems have business users, so I'm really not interested in them. I did mess around with one of them right after I got my TRX-1 and it seemed to be all related to Georgia Ports. When I get back to Savannah from a trip I'm on I'll check and see if I have any notes on it.

troymail

Silent Key
I live in Savannah, but I'm only in town for a day or two a week and the systems have business users, so I'm really not interested in them. I did mess around with one of them right after I got my TRX-1 and it seemed to be all related to Georgia Ports. When I get back to Savannah from a trip I'm on I'll check and see if I have any notes on it.

There's lots of stuff out there that I myself am not all that interested in - but that doesn't mean others won't be interested - so I usually capture and submit it for others to use anyway....

The primary (large and busy) system is:

ULS License - 800 MHz Trunked SMR (SMR, Site-specific) License - KNAX861 - BIGBIE ELECTRONICS INC - Frequencies Summary

It looks like 11 of the frequencies are active with voice and in just 48 hours, I captured roughly 100 talkgroups (40xxx) and more than 600 unique radio IDs.

The Uniden 436 (in search mode) claims the SysId is 146, Site 1 and a search of that SysId in RRDB returns Charleston Wireless Group/James White but that system already has a Site 1....

As I said - this is but one system. There were some smaller systems and conventional/one channel frequencies active as well (I'm working working though that stuff to submit).

troymail

Silent Key
I just submitted 19 conventional frequencies - mostly DMR - to the database. In addition, I have recordings/data for the following trunked DMR systems in the Savannah area:

KNAX861 - BIGBIE ELECTRONICS INC
WRAH798 - GEORGIA-PACIFIC LLC
WPHQ761 - IHI E & C INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
WQNE281 - Imperial Sugar
WQXC636 - SAVANNAH INTERNATIONAL TRADE & CONVENTION CENTER
WNUI686 - Southern LNG Company, L.L.C.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
There's lots of stuff out there that I myself am not all that interested in - but that doesn't mean others won't be interested - so I usually capture and submit it for others to use anyway....

The tone of your response seems slightly judgemental and I hope that it's a misinterpretation on my part and not your intent. As I said, I have about 2 days in town a week (sometimes none). Of those two days, not all of it is radio time, so I use my time to monitor and submit information on what I enjoy listening to. That's what I have the time to do; if you have the time to do more, congratulations and thank you.

troymail

Silent Key
I received my answer regarding trunked system submissions (thanks Tom!) ... The Port system has been submitted to the database.

I have information on some of the other trunked systems I previously mentioned and could potentially submit them. However, I did not capture the system type for those (might be CAP+ or CON+)... if someone else could get at least that nugget, I'll go ahead and submit the others.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.