Help with a few freqs in the Fannin Co area..

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Wife and I were vacationing over this past weekend in Blue Ridge area (actually Mineral Bluff in a rental cabin)... Had a chance to run DSD+ on the laptop and do a quick bit of listening on the TRX-1/BCD436's when we had the chance... Ran across a few DMR systems and tried to use FCC ULS to check out who they were, but, no luck.... wondering if someone may be able to help out with who they might be....

153.2075 & 153.3875 - Con+ / NID: 328 / Site: 1 / Color: 1 / Slots: 1 & 2 / Neighbor: 2 / LCN: ??
** no traffic heard to identify who or what they may be

153.4850 - Cap+ / Color: 7 / Slot: 2
** no traffic heard

152.6375 - Conventional DMR / Color: 9
** Slot: 1 / TG: 1007 - all encrypted traffic
** Slot: 2 / TG: 1008 - hrd talk about squads and fire apparatus // caught Saturday AM roll call @ 0900 with four stations (1, 2, 3 & 4) checking in...

152.5625 - Conventional DMR / Color: 10
** Slot: 1 - hrd talk of school-type nature with bus traffic

452.2375 - Type: ?? (sorry) / Color: 9 / Slots: 1 & 2
** TG: 11 - heard talk about a "roll-off" container (sanitation co??)
** TG: 2 - traffic hrd, but, nothing to tell who or what...

Any help with these would be appreciated, cause they were bugging me since I couldn't tell who they were, or where they were originating from... I come to realize that being on top of a mountain, in this case, was not the best monitoring position to be in, at least, until I had all the players figured out.

Again, any help appreciated...

Looking forward to visiting again,
Dave T.

Airboss

Silent Key
153.2075 & 153.3875 - Con+ / NID: 328 / Site: 1 / Color: 1 / Slots: 1 & 2 / Neighbor: 2 / LCN: ?? ** no traffic heard to identify who or what they may be

KIN212 Fort Loudoun Electric Cooperative - Tellico Plains, Monroe Co TN

153.4850 - Cap+ / Color: 7 / Slot: 2 ** no traffic heard
WZZ895 Duke Energy Business Services - Franklin, Macon Co NC. All voice on this system is encrypted. There are other freqs with this system.

152.6375 - Conventional DMR / Color: 9
** Slot: 1 / TG: 1007 - all encrypted traffic / ** Slot: 2 / TG: 1008 - hrd talk about squads and fire apparatus // caught Saturday AM roll call @ 0900 with four stations (1/2/3/4) hecking in...

152.5625 - Conventional DMR / Color: 10 ** Slot: 1 - hrd talk of school-type nature with bus traffic

I don't have a thing for these Dave. Not hrd here in Brasstown

452.2375 - Type: ?? (sorry) / Color: 9 / Slots: 1 & 2 = ** TG: 11 - heard talk about a "roll-off" container (sanitation co??) ** TG: 2 - traffic hrd, but, nothing to tell who or what...

WPRT262 Communications and Electronics Inc Benton PolkCo TN (just north of your location).

Hope that helps. Will look closer at the two VHF unknown above next time we get travel over to Fannin on our way to ATL. Regularly monitor Fannin Co PS here in Btown so the two unknowns above are probably not in that immediate area.

73 and good hunting

Chief Larry

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Larry,

Thanks a bunch!
Was driving me bonkers even though I was running FCC database on Georgia entities... Being on the top of the mountain had me wondering if they were NC or TN entities, or not.... needed to expand my search radius a bit...

thanks again,
Dave T.

Airboss

Silent Key
From the radio ranch here in Brasstown I see VHF/UHF activity from 4 states (AL/GA/NC/TN). Mountain tops around here are great fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.