Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a uniden 436hp scanner, We moved to duluth,ga we live off of old Norcross road, And I cannot pick up **** to listen, I have Roswell Alpharetta, Cobb, forsyth, Is there a antenna I can buy to pick up the reception or can anyone suggest what I need to do to my 436hp. The problem is cannot hear anything and it's already programmed with the city and counties above.

Thank you
Kevin

Yes to all. And I noticed when I'm driving down pleasant hill rd tourds the city limits of John's creek. I'm hearing a lot of traffic from all departments with no problems. Do I need to adjust anything on my scanner so I can listen in my home. I'm thinking about buying a bigger antenna.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you're using the scanner while driving, you should be using GPS to update the scanner's location as you go. Otherwise the scanner will be wasting time scanning things it can't actually hear.

And using a handheld antenna inside a vehicle or building will often give you poor or no reception. When you are at home, you should be using an antenna outside your house, and when driving, you should use an antenna mounted to the exterior of your vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.