Walton Co & Morgan Co Man Hunt Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
A fairy large man hunt is on going in SE Walton and NE Morgan Counties involving numerous agencies from all over ATL Metro. I was able to receive plenty of simplex and repeater traffic. State LEO helicopters where heard communicating to LEO on the ground via the local DPS and DNR P25 VHF repeaters. I also heard air to ground and talk around traffic on DNR Statewide 160.200 pl 198.2 quite a bit. Nothing was heard on the statewide LE freqs,154.905 and 154.935. In the past I’ve heard 151.1375 pl 156.7 used as air to ground for these types of operations. However nothing was heard there ether.

Does anyone know of any other common freqs used for man hunts involving multiple agencies here in Georgia? Is there a radio cache for agencies with radios not compatible with the local LE? Thanks.

airforceflyr

Last week there was a 10-50 on I75 in Peach County / Byron. The driver took off on foot and a man hunt ensued. A GSP Helo from the Perry aviation branch joined the search. 154.905 was used for interop between GSP and Byron PD.

That freq was used because.... Byron is on a 4800 NXDN system fully encrypted

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Last week there was a 10-50 on I75 in Peach County / Byron. The driver took off on foot and a man hunt ensued. A GSP Helo from the Perry aviation branch joined the search. 154.905 was used for interop between GSP and Byron PD.

That freq was used because.... Byron is on a 4800 NXDN system fully encrypted

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ve heard 154.905, 154.935, and 151.1375 used plenty of times for law interop. Yesterday’s situation is different because all the agencies that came to help are on types of different systems. Morgan County and Madison City LEO have been using TAC 1 and TAC 2 on their VHF DMR system. However, I’ve not heard any of the units from Walton SO, Doraville PD or Gwinnett SO, unless they are on a 800 MHz simplex freq. The state units are on their own frequencies and the helicopters have been hoping from the state P25 repeaters to several simplex frequencies including DNR Statewide 160.200. I’m beginning to think that everyone is kinda doing their own thing on their own frequency.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

bkspear

Where are you located? Your location on the forum says "North Florida", thats one hell of an antenna to receive traffic from north-east GA counties.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Where are you located? Your location on the forum says "North Florida", thats one hell of an antenna to receive traffic from north-east GA counties.

Yes I live in North Florida, but I have means to travel. Lol I go back and worth from Madison, GA and Jasper, FL regularly.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
154.905 and 154.935 are standard GA frequencies. Virtually every law enforcement agency in the state has access to it.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
154.905 and 154.935 are standard GA frequencies. Virtually every law enforcement agency in the state has access to it.

Correct. There hasn’t been any use of those frequencies in this situation. Which is odd. Most of the talk around traffic I hear has been on DNR Statewide 160.200 pl 192.8.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Walton Co & Morgan Co Man Hunt Comms

I’ve seen on the local Sheriff Office’s Facebook pages that DOC has been involved with their K9’s. I’ve not heard any mobile or portable traffic on ether 153.740 their prison primary freq and 158.940 their mobile to mobile freq. I found a old website from the early 2000’s that has a freq listed as DOC K9 Units (156.100 unlicensed). Does anyone know anything about this or any other freqs used by DOC?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Morgan County and Madison City LEO have been using TAC 1 and TAC 2 on their VHF DMR system.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413

What are the frequencies / TG / CC for their TAC channels?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
What are the frequencies / TG / CC for their TAC channels?

It should be located on the Morgan County page in the RR database. Look at the bottom where the trunking systems are usually listed.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so it's actually just "talkgroups" labelled as "Tacs", they don't have "direct" DMR "talkaround" frequencies programmed for TAC channels like several other agencies do then..?

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so it's actually just "talkgroups" labelled as "Tacs", they don't have "direct" DMR "talkaround" frequencies programmed for TAC channels like several other agencies do then..?

Sorry, I don't know why I didn't reply back when this was going on. To answer your question, I would image that they have a few direct "simplex" frequencies programmed in to fall back on in case the system goes down. However, I haven't heard them use them so I don't know if they are DMR or analog. I'll take a wild guess that they have 154.905 & 154.935 in their radios as analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.