Newnan Rallies and Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I would hope that all my fellow Hams, GMRSrs, and radio hobbyist alike are being safe by avoiding the crazies from both sides. Those of you that are monitoring radio traffic from a safe distance let us know of any simplex or repeater traffic related to the situation in Newnan this afternoon. I’m sure the majority of coordination is being done on WARRS, however there are a number of outside agencies as well state law enforcement including GBI helping with security and intelligence operations. Let us know what you come up with! Thanks. - Dawson

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

FKimble

Local EOC asked to have the local Broadcastify feed taken down for the duration of the event. Monitored local ARES repeater. Seemed we lucked out, mostly a non-event.

Frank

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I heard about that. With all those outside agencies I’m sure that there was some traffic on some of the mutual aid frequencies. Unless the county / city has enough extra radios for everyone to be on the TRS.

-Dawson Adams
K4DPA - WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

KD4SHK

Now that the event is over, I'm comfortable posting some info. Most of the event traffic was on the WARRS system, but on two of the encrypted talkgroups (SWAT and one other). Other traffic to coordinate with outside agencies was done on 7call50 and 8call90 (National Interop channels).

Local Hams (ARES) were brought in to provide backup communications links between the EOC, hospital, and other locations if needed, but the official public safety systems performed flawlessly.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.