City of Atlanta Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Just stumbled upon TG 19334 on the Atlanta P25 system, which sounds like Georgia World Congress Center Police have returned to the City of Atlanta P25 system with a new talkgroup.

But perhaps more importantly, today that talkgroup is running Phase II. I admittedly haven't searched for Phase I vs Phase II activity on the Atlanta system in a very long time so maybe this is old news, or maybe it is one of the first regular Phase II users (at least when an old XTS isn't currently trying to monitor the talkgroup). I am not readily seeing other talkgroups on the system running Phase II, although I've only been watching for 10 minutes.

Anyone know if anything else is regularly running Phase II on the Atlanta system? I wouldn't know since I do most of my daily monitoring with my KNG radios (which receive Phase II but don't tell me on the screen whether the transmission I am hearing is TDMA or not, the way a scanner does). I really only use a scanner for "research" rather than routine monitoring and scanning of known targets.

Dan

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
is the talkgroup showing a slot number when it transmits, also you can look at the system in DSD+ and you should see what it is doing

DanRollman

Database Admin
is the talkgroup showing a slot number when it transmits

Yes, of course. That talkgroup is definitely TDMA (or was today). Just wondering if anyone has seen any other talkgroups running Phase II on the system yet.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
most of the TG's on ATL are setup for DDM (dual dynamic mode). If no legacy subscribers are registered, the talkgroup is TDMA. Same with our system. Expect to see more of this over the coming months and years as legacy radios are put out to pasture and replaced with TDMA capable subscriber gear.

DanRollman

Database Admin
most of the TG's on ATL are setup for DDM (dual dynamic mode). If no legacy subscribers are registered, the talkgroup is TDMA. Same with our system. Expect to see more of this over the coming months and years as legacy radios are put out to pasture and replaced with TDMA capable subscriber gear.
Thanks. I figured as much. Curious if any other talkgroups have lost the last of their XTS radios and gone TDMA yet. So far I haven't seen any, but I understand it can flip back and forth based on who is affiliated at any given time.

It doesn't particularly matter to me as given my equipment is indifferent, but it is helpful for others to know when an older FDMA-only scanner becomes useless for monitoring particular agencies, so it's a relevant data point in the database.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Thanks. I figured as much. Curious if any other talkgroups have lost the last of their XTS radios and gone TDMA yet. So far I haven't seen any, but I understand it can flip back and forth based on who is affiliated at any given time.
GWCCA bought all new APX radios and chose to join the CoA system versus ours. There are hundreds of legacy XTS radios still in service on that system, and with this big event coming up in a few months, those aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

That is one thing I like about my Kenwood VP5430 demo. I know what mode a talkgroup is in on our system, as the "P2" icon appears when receiving or transmitting on a talk group. Nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.