WARRS Scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2472

I have a radio shack pro-106 scanner.I have the scanner programmed from the database here. I am unable to hear any digital stations. I can hear the weather stations and other conventional stations but nothing digital. I am in Carroll county Georgia.The Scanner states that it is scanning the programmed frequencies, I just never hear anything.I do not understand why I hear nothing, when it is programmed to the database. I have a conventional scanner that is working, so I know there is radio traffic going on .

Last edited:

N8IAA

I have a radio shack pro-106 scanner.I have the scanner programmed from the database here. I am unable to hear any digital stations. I can hear the weather stations and other conventional stations but nothing digital. I am in Carroll county Georgia.The Scanner states that it is scanning the programmed frequencies, I just never hear anything.I do not understand why I hear nothing, when it is programmed to the database. I have a conventional scanner that is working, so I know there is radio traffic going on .

Something I learned a few years ago, make sure you have P-25 AUTO set, and also put in ALL of the frequencies. They may rotate more than the three that are listed.

HTH,
Larry

mike2472

I have all the frequencies in the data base in. I still get nothing.I checked and P-25 auto is set, but I am and still no getting anything.When it is scanning I do not see a T showing in the display. It has Warrs listed at the bottom just no T showing while scanning.

DC

Hi Mike, I live in Carrollton. Maybe I can help. Where in Carroll County are you located? In some parts of the county the simulcast distortion is so bad, that you won't pick up anything. I've been monitoring the system since 2011. It may also be a programming error. Also, the database here on RR is not complete. there are a lot of channels that aren't listed. I can help with that to.

DC

mike2472

I am in the city of Carrollton on Maple street. How do I counter the simulcast distortion? If I scan using the wildcard will I be able to pickup the missing channels that are not in the database. I change attennas I now have the T showing for scanning a trunked system, I just do not hear anything. If I manually locked on just one channel I can eventually hear just that one channel.I need to figure out how to scannso that the scanner works normally.

seth21w

Warrs is using cqpsk lsm modulation! A pro 106 won't work on the system. I listen to warrs, crisp and clear on both my unication g4 and uniden sds100. I only have the 2 coweta site primary and alternate frequencies programmed.

Last edited:

DC

seth21w: A PRO106 works fine on the WARRS System in Carrollton. That's what I monitor the system with. You can also monitor the Coweta County site if you're in Whitesburg or in Newnan.

mike2472: Unfortunately, there is no way to counter the simulcast distortion with a PRO106. It's hit and miss with reception. As I said, it depends on where you're at in the county. It may be that you are in a bad section of town. I'd be happy to meet with you and check out your radio for you. Just PM me to work out a time and place.

DC

DC

mike2472: As far as the missing channels go, yes, you can pick them up in a wildcard search, but you may not be able to identify them. Some of them are not used all of the time. I feel it's better to have them in the radio, then to not have them.

DC

Status
Not open for further replies.