Harris county / Pine Mtn DMR??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been able to hear anything on the Harris county DMR system? I was in Pine Mtn. for a while last week, and didn't hear anything on it. Is it active? (Yes, I was searching) Had it programmed as a "System" and as separate frequencies as well.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
If you mean Licenses WQQA383 ,WQRV517 or WQSL894 I have been trying to map them out for the past few weeks. The only thing I have heard are the diff Harris County Schools and the School Buses. I am trying to get all the info together before I posted it to the database.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
If you mean Licenses WQQA383 ,WQRV517 or WQSL894 I have been trying to map them out for the past few weeks. The only thing I have heard are the diff Harris County Schools and the School Buses. I am trying to get all the info together before I posted it to the database.

That's about all you'll get on it to. It's a shame that the Sheriff and I believe that all the LE in Harris County are on the TETRA system and completely out of reach to the public.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
That's about all you'll get on it to. It's a shame that the Sheriff and I believe that all the LE in Harris County are on the TETRA system and completely out of reach to the public.

TETRA system isn't intended to keep people from listening in.

Are they encrypted?

RRR

Premium Subscriber
And the database is incorrect, as it lists Manchester being in Talbot county. (Manchester is in Meriwether county)

Manchester PD is also on their own DMR one frequency system, not Tetra.... (And I highly doubt Greenville, the Meriwether county seat, which is some 25 or so miles north of Harris county, is on Harris county's Tetra system either)

KC8MZM

Premium Subscriber
Harris County is not encrypted on the TETRA system. If you have a RTL-SDR dongle and SDR# with the TETRA demodulator plugin you can listen to them. The only departments I've heard on the system are Harris County Sheriff/Fire/EMS, Hamilton PD, Pine Mountain PD, and Waverly Hall PD. Occasionally you will hear some Diverse Power comms as well.

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/sdr-tetra-plugin-updated-no-longer-requires-msys2/

Attachments

• Harris-TETRA.jpg
    Harris-TETRA.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 136

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Harris County is not encrypted on the TETRA system. If you have a RTL-SDR dongle and SDR# with the TETRA demodulator plugin you can listen to them. The only departments I've heard on the system are Harris County Sheriff/Fire/EMS, Hamilton PD, Pine Mountain PD, and Waverly Hall PD. Occasionally you will hear some Diverse Power comms as well.

https://www.rtl-sdr.com/sdr-tetra-plugin-updated-no-longer-requires-msys2/

I'm sorry I was referring to a scanner that it can't received on.

Reactions: RRR

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thank you KC8MZM for the info on Hamilton, Pine Mountain and Waverly Hall PDs. I have been trying to find them and now I know why I could not with a scanner. Looks like I am just going to have to break down and buy me a RTL-SDR dongle.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
I see someone did a database update, and still shows Talbot county having a presence (there is no public safety in Talbot county using the Tetra system) and still has Manchester PD listed as on the Tetra system (Manchester Police is NOT on the Tetra system, they are on their own DMR one freq. system), and Greenville is not on Tetra either, but I digress...

Status
Not open for further replies.