Brunswick PD missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiomanNJ1

I am not talking about broadcastify. The last time I heard them they were encrypted. I think it was on the old Glynn Co. trunking system.

I guess when they switched to the SEGARREN system they stayed encrypted and no one ever noticed them. I heard the GA Port police with no issue.

Stavro35

This is all so frustrating. I was THE scanner radio buff in St.Simons island Georgia, for over a decade. I've been thinking abut purchasing a digital scanner for some friends down in St. Simons island. But, now, with all this encryption crap. Would it be worth it for them?

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
This is all so frustrating. I was THE scanner radio buff in St.Simons island Georgia, for over a decade. I've been thinking abut purchasing a digital scanner for some friends down in St. Simons island. But, now, with all this encryption crap. Would it be worth it for them?

It all depends on what they want to listen to. Most of the city/county law enforcement in Glynn County is encrypted. On the other hand, Glynn County FD and Brunswick FD are unencrypted. Another use for a digital scanner in the Glynn County area is the Coast Guard, and their communications on the Rescue 21 system are a mix of encrypted and unencrypted comms. Their analog stuff on Marine VHF is unencrypted.

radiomanNJ1

I am glad someone finally posted about Brunswick. I dont think the sheriff is encrypted but I am not sure I only get there occassionally.
The county above and below ie:Camden are still VHF and active.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
It all depends on what they want to listen to. Most of the city/county law enforcement in Glynn County is encrypted. On the other hand, Glynn County FD and Brunswick FD are unencrypted. Another use for a digital scanner in the Glynn County area is the Coast Guard, and their communications on the Rescue 21 system are a mix of encrypted and unencrypted comms. Their analog stuff on Marine VHF is unencrypted.

Like what KF4LMT said it all depends what they want to listen to...Some Federal stuff is great to listen to and GSP is not encrypted which is nice. Also Military air scanning is good to listen to while they are airborn and etc.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
I am glad someone finally posted about Brunswick. I dont think the sheriff is encrypted but I am not sure I only get there occassionally.
The county above and below ie:Camden are still VHF and active.

Glynn County SO is also encrypted and has been since Glynn County moved to the SEGARRN from the old Type 2 system.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
Like what KF4LMT said it all depends what they want to listen to...Some Federal stuff is great to listen to and GSP is not encrypted which is nice. Also Military air scanning is good to listen to while they are airborn and etc.

The coastal Georgia area is a great place to monitor military aviation. With MCAS Beaufort, Hunter AAF, NAS Jacksonville, and NS Mayport right on the coast and the offshore SUAs, Fort Stewart range complex, and Townsend Range in the area, there is almost always something to listen to. Aircraft from Shaw AFB, McEntire JNGB, Moody AFB, and Robins AFB also operate in the area at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.