AMR & Grady South Fulton

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Here's another minor mystery (to me) that I'm wondering if anyone here has insight on.

As some of you may know, Grady EMS took over for Rural/Metro (AMR) in South Fulton County earlier this year. I hear Grady EMS coordinating posts and dispatches for Grady EMS units in College Park and East Point on the regular Grady EMS channel 1 (same channel Grady dispatches City of Atlanta incidents on). But I don't seem to hear Grady EMS units covering cities and county areas in South Fulton that are further south than College Park and East Point. I wonder if that's perhaps because the Atlanta DTRS doesn't work well enough (especially on handhelds) further south into Fulton County, and so Grady needs to use something else further south?

I thought perhaps Grady EMS had taken over AMR's old South Fulton dispatch talkgroup on the Fulton County DTRS for use in deep south Fulton County, but on that talkgroup I am now hearing what sounds like AMR interfacility calls.

So... does anyone know what Grady EMS is using for emergency voice communications in South Fulton County beyond College Park/East Point?

And am I right that the AMR North Fulton talkgroup on the Fulton County DTRS is still for North Fulton County 911 responses but the old AMR South Fulton talkgroup is now for AMR Interfacility calls?

Thanks,
Dan

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I’m sure MTS can answer that question.

Dustin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
So... does anyone know what Grady EMS is using for emergency voice communications in South Fulton County beyond College Park/East Point?
Grady is currently dispatched by Fulton County Emergency Services on Fire Main on the Fulton trunked radio system, and by mobile data via OneSolution CAD. FC Fire TACs are utilized for coordination. GEMS also has some other talk groups for their use on the Fulton System as well as countywide common mutual aid talk groups common in all radios programmed on the system.

FCES only currently dispatches EMS calls in CoSF, Fairburn, Palmetto, Union City and Chattahoochee Hills as FCES is the official PSAP for those jurisdictions. The tri-cities trucks don't operate on the Fulton system and aren't dispatched by Fulton Emergency Services so I am not aware of how they operate within those jurisdictions.
And am I right that the AMR North Fulton talkgroup on the Fulton County DTRS is still for North Fulton County 911 responses but the old AMR South Fulton talkgroup is now for AMR Interfacility calls?
Cannot comment on specifics, but AMR is a paying subscriber with Fulton county and utilizes the radio system for public safety communications within their fleet as authorized by the county commission under a subscriber agreement.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Grady is currently dispatched by Fulton County Emergency Services on Fire Main on the Fulton trunked radio system, and by mobile data via OneSolution CAD. FC Fire TACs are utilized for coordination.

Can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks!

Dan

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.