How long have you guys waited for a callsign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I passed my tech test on the 21st of Feb. and the ULS doesn't show me yet. I know it's not been that long but I have heard many guys on the local repeater talk about having their call signs in as little as four days. I'm just pumped to get on the air and this wait is killing me! Good thing I didn't do this ten years ago or I may have actually gone insane.

mancow

Database Admin
I had to wait almost a month back in the early 1990s. Four days would have been awesome.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
4-5 days is about right, and I received the paper ticket in the mail in about a week. This was for Technician, General, and Extra.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I passed my tech test on the 21st of Feb. and the ULS doesn't show me yet. I know it's not been that long but I have heard many guys on the local repeater talk about having their call signs in as little as four days. I'm just pumped to get on the air and this wait is killing me! Good thing I didn't do this ten years ago or I may have actually gone insane.

mine took the better part of a month due to a mistake on the VE that was SUPPOSED to mail the paperwork in...

Thanks for the input guys, guess I'll just wait some more. I would think the FCC folks would be feeling pretty good right now. But maybe they got left out of the first round of power grab and are a little miffed about it. :D

zz0468

QRT
Banned
A major portion of the wait seems to be on the part of the VEC's. I upgraded from Advanced to Extra about a year ago, and it took about two weeks for the upgrade to show up.

From the testing schedule in my area it would seem the VEC has a fair amount of down time early in the month and then gets nailed at the end. I have calmed down a bit, but man I am just dying to let my voice fly!

KevinGC

Tested on April 4th, appeared in ULS on the 10th. All depends on how soon the VE submits the paperwork and how many need to be processed at the FCC. My paperwork was received at the FCC on the 9th if I remember correctly, and processed on the 10th of course.

shaft

I feel lucky, I took my test at 2pm, by 11 that night I had my call sign. i was fortunate that mine was submitted electronically.

James04TJ

The amount of time required really depends on the VEC. From what I understand it can take a couple weeks with the ARRL VEC. I recommend anyone in an area that they serve to use the Laurel VEC. The lead VE for the testing session will upload the batch the same day and you should appear in the ULS on the next business day. They are also the only VEC that I know of that does not charge a penny for their services.

JeremyB

My test was done by the ARRL VEC, took the test on a Saturday and I was in the database on Wednesday

shaft

The amount of time required really depends on the VEC. From what I understand it can take a couple weeks with the ARRL VEC. I recommend anyone in an area that they serve to use the Laurel VEC. The lead VE for the testing session will upload the batch the same day and you should appear in the ULS on the next business day. They are also the only VEC that I know of that does not charge a penny for their services.

The tests are free at the Dayton Hamvention as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.