When to take the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANZTV

I've been studying for the exam for few weeks now. How will I know when to take the test? I tried the tests on QRZ.COM and the fist 10 exams I scored between a 94 and 100. Should I give it a shot or just keep studying? I really don't know when to take the exam. I'm reading the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual. I think its a great book. I've studied for the license back in 1987 and never went for the test. I even knew Morse Code at 10 wpm. Now over 20 years later. I forgot almost everything. I really hope I pass and get to use real radio. I'm really sick of 11 meters (CB radio). Any advice I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Pat.

kd0ege

Take it

With those scores on QRZ, you will do fine. I passed my extra test last month, and I wasn't doing nearly that well on QRZ. Good luck.

Chris KD0EGE

N0IU

If you are consistently getting above 90%, you are ready! If you take the test and for some reason miss passing by only one or two questions, most VE teams will let you take the test again at the same session, but be advised that it will be a different version (different questions) and you will have to pay the testing fee again.

Good luck!

ANZTV

Great Thanks. I'm going to go over my note and maybe set it up for 2 weeks from now. I can't wait to get on the air and talk to some intelligent people for once.
Thanks again

Pat

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Go for it!!! I'm sure you'll do fine!
N9ZAS

mylt1

here is another test site for you to try. Copasetic Flow thats what i used to pass my tech. getting ready to start studying for general.

ANZTV

That's it I'm motivated. I'm booking this test for the 16 of Oct. I tried calling a radio club in my area to see if I could take it sooner, but he hadn't called me back. So I tried the ARRL site and it gave me a walk in test on the 16 of Oct. So that means I could keep going over my notes for another 2 weeks and it will be auto-ma-tic. Thanks guys for the motivation. MYLT1 I tried that site also it was great I ace those test also.

Thanks
Pat.

KC9NCF

Banned
That's it I'm motivated. I'm booking this test for the 16 of Oct. I tried calling a radio club in my area to see if I could take it sooner, but he hadn't called me back. So I tried the ARRL site and it gave me a walk in test on the 16 of Oct. So that means I could keep going over my notes for another 2 weeks and it will be auto-ma-tic. Thanks guys for the motivation. MYLT1 I tried that site also it was great I ace those test also.

Thanks
Pat.

You're gonna do just fine and you'll have a group of friendly VE's to welcome you aboard! There IS intelligent life on the bands. There is so very much to do and over time, you'll be able to either observe or do it all a little at a time and it'll be tons of great fun! Go for it!

ANZTV

ACED 100 PERCENT. NOTHING WRONG.
Thanks to everybody who motivated me.
Now I can't wait to be listed along with my call sign and get on the air.

Thanks again
Pat.
73's

gewecke

Banned
Congrats pat!!!
You're on your way to a great hobby and a brotherhood!
N9ZAS

KJ6CFU

Premium Subscriber
Kudos, Pat! +1 to what gewecke said! It's a great hobby, great people, and you've found a great forum to boot.

Nubz

congrats
hope you enjoy your new privleges

just realized this topic was a little old sorry if bringing it up was a problem

Last edited:

ANZTV

congrats
hope you enjoy your new privleges

just realized this topic was a little old sorry if bringing it up was a problem

NEVER NEVER a problem. I don't care if it was dated back 4 years ago. LOL

Thanks man.
Pat
KC2VXL

KB3SKU

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if old topic.

Hi guys im studing for my General Class. i passed my Technician Class on March 6th 2009 and got my Callsign on March 12th 2009.

I am using this place to study for the tests;

HamTestOnline™

Can't wait for General i so want to try PSK31 and of course talk on 20m :)

ANZTV

Sorry if old topic.

Hi guys im studing for my General Class. i passed my Technician Class on March 6th 2009 and got my Callsign on March 12th 2009.

I am using this place to study for the tests;

HamTestOnline™

Can't wait for General i so want to try PSK31 and of course talk on 20m :)

Also go to QRZ.COM Callsign Database and go to the SITE MENU and you'll see a menu, go to PRACTICE EXAM and you'll figure it out from there. Also I found the ARRL book works out great also. I pass my exam with none wrong. Ham test online works good but you have to pay for it I believe. I just do the book and the QRZ.com thing. I myself am studying for the General, I think by the end of the year, I should have it with no problem. Then work on my Extra.

Good Luck
Pat
KC2VXL

KB3SKU

Premium Subscriber
Also go to QRZ.COM Callsign Database and go to the SITE MENU and you'll see a menu, go to PRACTICE EXAM and you'll figure it out from there. Also I found the ARRL book works out great also. I pass my exam with none wrong. Ham test online works good but you have to pay for it I believe. I just do the book and the QRZ.com thing. I myself am studying for the General, I think by the end of the year, I should have it with no problem. Then work on my Extra.

Good Luck
Pat
KC2VXL

I already paid for Technician and General in March. i plan to pay for Extra down the road.

ANZTV

I already paid for Technician and General in March. i plan to pay for Extra down the road.

Well how is it? I remember I was studying from it on my phone on my job. That's is why I wanted to join it also. They have a trial. All the other types didn't work on my phone. That was the only one. I thought it was great because sometimes I work all around the clock and get bored, so I thought I would just study. But.......But........however my wife would get on my case about spending money. It's bad enough I spend a few hundred dollars on radio equipment as it is. Well if that works for ya. What ever works. Good Luck. Hope to hear you on the air.

Pat
KC2VXL.

Status
Not open for further replies.