I am now KK4TUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
If anybody needs study guides I stumbled across "The No-Nonsense (Tech/General/Extra) Class License Study Guide" by Dan Romanchik KB6NU. That along with the free test apps for iPhone and I was all set.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Congrats, from KK4TTR! My wife is KK4TTQ, but then, she's cuter than me.

Taking the general Sept 28 if all goes well, still evalutating HT and mobile.

Thanks! NCGunDude, what part of NC? TTR and TTQ? When were you licensed? Recently I'd guess with those calls.

KK4TTR

Thanks! NCGunDude, what part of NC? TTR and TTQ? When were you licensed? Recently I'd guess with those calls.

Took the exam on Aug 31. Located in Raleigh.

Still researching gear, most likely cheap chinese HT's and a decent mobile, maybe Yaesu.

The tri band and quad band Yaesu's look good, too. Saw a good review on the quad band.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Took the exam on Aug 31. Located in Raleigh.

Still researching gear, most likely cheap chinese HT's and a decent mobile, maybe Yaesu.

The tri band and quad band Yaesu's look good, too. Saw a good review on the quad band.

Good deal. Yup, I have a Baofeng on the way, a UV-5R. I'm looking for a sub $500 10/6/2/220/440/1200 mobile. I think it's gonna be a long search.

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Oh, the Linux penguin is named Tux? I was not aware, but I am now. I am more than satisfied with this call. If I get into QSL cards they will definitely have a tuxedo worked in somewhere. I don't think I'll test my lunch with the Linux copyright though.

LCRay

And now I'm waiting for echolink to update so I can play a bit while I'm waiting on my HT to arrive.

How did you find about the call sign so quick???

I took the test 9/8/13 and have not received anything
Checked FCC ULS and there is no listing

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
How did you find about the call sign so quick???

I took the test 9/8/13 and have not received anything
Checked FCC ULS and there is no listing

I emailed the VEC the following day to simply confirm that I didn't need to file anything myself and his response was to the effect of, I" submitted it this morning and you are KK4TUX." I think they can submit digitally or through the mail. Maybe yours went in the mail box and just showed up at FCC yesterday or today. I'm not sure if I can even look mine up by my name yet, but if I enter the call sign it pulls me right up.

N4CA

Oh, the Linux penguin is named Tux? I was not aware, but I am now. I am more than satisfied with this call. If I get into QSL cards they will definitely have a tuxedo worked in somewhere. I don't think I'll test my lunch with the Linux copyright though.

There's no copyright.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4

PhotoJim

I heard you check into the Say Good Morning with Radio net this morning. Welcome. :) (I was the one that fished your callsign out of the noise.)

Welcome to the hobby.

Jim aka VE5EIS

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
I heard you check into the Say Good Morning with Radio net this morning. Welcome. :) (I was the one that fished your callsign out of the noise.)

Welcome to the hobby.

Jim aka VE5EIS

Good ears, Jim. That net is gonna be a tough one for me to do more than an in and out most days.

Status
Not open for further replies.