Technician exam - DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
After letting this dream rattle around in my brain for most of my adult life, I asked myself a simple question...."what the heck are you waiting for"? Since I was unable to come up with a suitable answer, I threw away the idea that it wasn't something that I could accomplish and decided to go for it. The urging of several members here also pushed me into the right direction. You folks know who you are.

Some serious studying and a good attitude, I then went to take the test on the 27th of September, and voila....I passed!

The next thing you know, the following Monday, the shutdown of the U.S.Government happened and I now am the proud owner of the C.S.C.E., but don't have a callsign. Dammit! What kind of timing do I have?

So, while I await the idiots in D.C. getting their heads out of their posteriors and the FCC going back to work and sending me my license, I am now burying my nose into the study guide for General. Why stop now....right?

I'll post my call (hopefully) in the near future. Thanks all!

Russell :wink:

jeepinjeepin

Premium Subscriber
Good deal! Hold on tight to that piece of paper!!! The govt may resume operations some time tomorrow but there is likely going to be a bit of an FCC backlog when they reopen. Hopefully you can take and pass general in the meantime and you will need that CSCE to claim credit for technician.

KF5YBZ

Premium Subscriber
Congrats! You don't need a call sign if there is no FCC. It's a free for all!

milkman21218

Russell Congrats to you on passing your Tech test. Welcome to the Amateur radio world. You should see a call very soon now that the crazy stuff is coming to an end. Now go get the General. It's quite easy also.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hello again everyone, I am back and have just found out what I've been waiting for since 27 September.

My call is....KC1ANC and I am totally thrilled!

Thank you all for the welcome and encouraging words.

I am really happy to be part of the family.

Now for the next step....shopping for and buying the gear necessary to get on the air....deciding on base or mobile, full size or HT, single, dual, or quad band, antenna(s), power supply...Oh you folks what I'm saying.

I hope to make contact with y'all in the near future. Thanks much! 73,

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.