ACED The Tech Test Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Hard work and study paid off. I aced the Technician level test today. Will add my callsign to my profile when it shows up. Ham radio a logical expansion to the hobby after so many scanners. Next after I get my callsign I'll get into DMR.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Score

100% correct. There was a Ham Operator there after the test I got a good look at the Yaesu FTM-400DR WOW that's a nice radio!! I was leaning ICOM 2730A but might hold out and work another overtime shift for this model.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
A sincere congratulations to the both of you! Welcome to the insanity, er... I mean "fraternity." :)

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
Welcome! Welcome!
I have TOTALLY enjoyed my short time in ham radio!

And, listening does help ALOT!

Good luck!

73!
IcomIcR20

K4EET

Chaplain
Congrats to the two of you on getting your ticket. It is a real joy to see so many new hams here on Radio Reference. I guess it is a logical next step once you have $1,000s invested in scanners to get your ham license and get more $1,000s invested in ham equipment. :lol:

73, Dave K4EET

reconrider8

yea dmr really caught my attention. i like the idea of being able to talk around the country in a way that you can understand people greatly better then hf, even though hf is probably funner because its hit and or miss. if nothing more then to listen to dmr and learn that way which is what ive been doing the past few years i would guess.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 friends that have repeaters in West Tennessee. One has a 2 meter in my county. The other has several linked in West Tennessee. I almost forgot my Captain at the Fire Station has been a ham from the mid 70's. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.