RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Getting Your License / New Operators

Getting Your License / New Operators - New to amateur radio and interested in getting your license? This is the forum for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 12:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP07 View Post
Would you rather me not do any research and just jump on the bands and start modulating? Or do you think it would be a good idea to investigate options first like getting on this forum and asking? Seems to me that it would be much more respectful to others to ask first. Don't you agree? I think it would be very disrespectful to close this thread and ban me. I own many websites and forums and would never treat any of my users like that! Shame on you.

And I am an American national born here in America. Because I chose not to reside within the corporate U.S. Does not mean I am an illegal. I have traced my heritage all the way back to the early 1700's New York. If many of you have no knowledge about UNITED STATES INC. versus the united states of America, then that is our issue here. I have an internationally upheld right of self determination where I choose to live. I chose to live under the Constitution and not UNITED STATES CODE.

If you go to Title 5 U.S.C. sections 556 and 557 you will see a clear distinction between U.S. Citizens and American state nationals. My status is completely lawful and accepted.

I came to this forum to seek out any others who have had a similar situation and learn from them. Not to get ridiculed by those of you who have no idea and lack knowledge of law and standing and that are convinced of your own superiority.
Well, in order to get licensed, you need to comply with the USC. Getting Licensed has some information that can hopefully put you in the right direction. While, I consider your political affiliation a bit unnerving, I DO respect you for wanting to do the right thing in this case.

All comments may or may not resemble actual fact. Any message posted constitutes opinion only.
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2017, 4:04 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD8DVR View Post
Well, in order to get licensed, you need to comply with the USC. Getting Licensed has some information that can hopefully put you in the right direction. While, I consider your political affiliation a bit unnerving, I DO respect you for wanting to do the right thing in this case.
I did a dry run on the ULS system FRN application and it appears there is an option for exempt when entering your SS number. I expect that is the selection my Japanese friends used when applying for theirs. The whole reason for the FRN stems from some legislation preventing deadbeat dad's from getting federal government services.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 4:16 PM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Several off-topic and non-contributory posts have been deleted.

If you have something to say which will answer the OP's question, please feel free to post.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 03-19-2017, 6:56 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Well, I hope the OP does follow through and get his license. This has been an educational thread for me, as I have at least found out what happened to a cousin of mine, the son of my late Aunt Edith.

It seems he has managed to achieve a peculiar form of immortality by being made part of a Wikipedia article, as well as an extended vacation at a Federal Graybar Hotel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovere...t#cite_note-42
Old 03-19-2017, 7:21 PM

If you don't recognize a sovereign (state, monarch, or otherwise) then you can't rationally ask for their protection and blessings. Including license they issue, which are only valid if you recognize the sovereign and obey their rules.

Catch-22, you don't want to recognize the sovereign? You can't ask for help from it.

Yeah, it is that simple. And final.

Time to move this thread to off-topic, or politics, or simply close it, no? If the OP isn't part of an IARU member state...they've got no need or business asking about those pesky "members only" rules. They're only for members.
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2017, 9:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4GIX View Post
Well, I hope the OP does follow through and get his license. This has been an educational thread for me, as I have at least found out what happened to a cousin of mine, the son of my late Aunt Edith.

It seems he has managed to achieve a peculiar form of immortality by being made part of a Wikipedia article, as well as an extended vacation at a Federal Graybar Hotel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovere...t#cite_note-42
Some folks keep butting their heads against the wall until it hurts.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:27 PM

Thumbs up Put the FCC on notice my people!

Send them correspondence stating they must allow you to broadcast within this land your land with out requiring you to submit to their jurisdiction and that you wish to follow their rules autonomously, if they deny this to you then sue them in a court of record and order the judge to order them to allow you to broadcast unharrased and if they don't, hold the judge in contempt. You are sovereign and the Constitution you adopted as your law autonomously States very clearly that the States has no sovereignty over you.
Old 04-06-2017, 2:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.

Oh boy! What some think and do, then they cry when placed in jail/prison...lol
Old 04-06-2017, 9:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC4RAF View Post
Oh boy! What some think and do, then they cry when placed in jail/prison...lol
Scary these whackjobs' vote counts the same as the rest of ours

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

All comments may or may not resemble actual fact. Any message posted constitutes opinion only.
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2017, 9:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoplevscitizen View Post
Send them correspondence stating they must allow you to broadcast within this land your land with out requiring you to submit to their jurisdiction and that you wish to follow their rules autonomously, if they deny this to you then sue them in a court of record and order the judge to order them to allow you to broadcast unharrased and if they don't, hold the judge in contempt. You are sovereign and the Constitution you adopted as your law autonomously States very clearly that the States has no sovereignty over you.
Yeah, guys. Try that. Even if it was legitimate, it would be years before it got through the courts. When it fails, and we all know it will, do it the way it's supposed to be done. I know that may be an unusual concept but it works. There's a name for your ideas. It's called anarchy.

FYI: Go back and read KC4RAF's post (#28).
Old 04-15-2017, 10:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Plot twist: the FCC regulations governing every aspect of ham radio in the US, Part 97, is actually a division of the United States Code of Federal Regulations Title 47, which you previously stated you don't recognize as a Sovereign Citizen which you are presenting yourself as.

Not intending to be rude, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. You have your beliefs, legal vs illegal / correct vs incorrect as they may be, and you are entitled to them, just be aware that holding to a set of beliefs that general society views as "fringe" may deprive you of certain privileges.

In short: the likelihood of you being granted a ham radio license without a SSN is low, because your claim for exemption is flawed.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.

Can you imagine the turmoil of the amateur frequencies if no rules applied or the so-called sovereign citizens were allowed to operate with out the benefit of testing and licensing? This would fall under the "...have your cake and eat it too."
Old 04-15-2017, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC4RAF View Post
... This would fall under the "...have your cake and eat it too."
The whole movement falls under that same catagory.
Old 04-15-2017, 3:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Everyone wants the freedom but they don't want the responsibilities that go along with it. It's a very small price to pay.
Old 04-15-2017, 3:54 PM

I never understood why some feel they can enjoy the benifits and protections of the state, but do not think they need to contribute, or be subject to it. Different strokes to different folks.
Old 04-17-2017, 8:10 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Are we still flogging this one?
Old 04-17-2017, 8:51 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD8DVR View Post
Scary these whackjobs' vote counts the same as the rest of ours

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk
How can they justify voting for something they insist is fraudulent?

Old 04-19-2017, 6:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4GIX View Post
Having never heard of AmRRON before, I visited the website. Ironically, even they insist that anyone wishing to participate in their nets must have a valid FCC license...

They even provide extensive links to both written ARRL publications, and on-line study guides and practice tests.
There are some issues with that web site, presentation of information in an inflammatory way. For example, right there on the front page is a headline "N. Korea Sends Another Encrypted Numbers Broadcast", as if this is not a regular thing, and the article states that "North Koreaĺs state radio station resumed broadcasting mysterious numbers" on March 5 like it had been missing. In fact, that is its schedule. It transmits on the first and third Saturday of each month at 1515 UTC. It also has a less dependable schedule on the second and fourth Thursday at 1615 UTC.

Nothing the article says is wrong, per se, but it is presented as if this is new or unique information, sensationalized, when in fact it is normal.

T!
Old 04-19-2017, 7:27 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I know that the OP has probably moved on, but for folks who might stumble across this thread in future searches, I'd like to point out something that should be obvious:

Expediency.

Regardless of what you might think about the federal government and its agencies (including the FCC), the fact of the matter is that most people on the ham bands won't talk to you if you don't have a valid license.

There are plenty of hams who have views out in that corner of the political spectrum - just tune around the top of the 75m band to find examples. But they all have their tickets.
Old 04-19-2017, 9:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1EN View Post
Regardless of what you might think about the federal government and its agencies (including the FCC), the fact of the matter is that most people on the ham bands won't talk to you if you don't have a valid license.
It is in fact counter to the regulations for a licensed ham operator to knowingly communicate with an unlicensed station on the ham bands. The FCC have cited and fined for this in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1EN View Post
There are plenty of hams who have views out in that corner of the political spectrum - just tune around the top of the 75m band to find examples. But they all have their tickets.
Yeah, you can be as politically diverse as you want, say almost anything you want, and believe almost anything you want, as long as you roughly follow the rules while you do it. Further, I may disagree with your view intensely, but I must always acknowledge your right to those views...short of views inciting illegal activity.

T!

Tags
amurrica