I keep Failing the practice test for Ham Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I need some ideas for me to help me practice for the Ham Tech i am autism and i am stress out about fail. It makes me feel like a failure.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Jack,

Take a break. Get your mind off it for a couple weeks. Allow yourself to relax, then if the system lets you know where your weaknesses are, work on them, one a week until you can pass the whole test. Don't worry about the ones you're failing on that your not focused on that week.

You can do it. You just need to find your pace, polish the rough spots, and I'm sure you'll succeed in the end.

SCPD

QRT
I wish i had a tutor to help me with this i want to get done before a Hurricane Hits VA

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Find a local club. That would be your best bet. Search for ARRL Affiliated Clubs

If you see one local, and they have an email address, fire off an email. If there's a repeater close, listen in, you might find information about a club meeting.. If you can make the meeting, do so. Ask around the meeting and see if anyone there would be willing to help.

wrath

I need some ideas for me to help me practice for the Ham Tech i am autism and i am stress out about fail. It makes me feel like a failure.
Keep the faith bro , my little brother has autism and he got his ticket four years ago , I was going to do for him what I never did myself and take him to Dayton to celebrate , my health cancelled that plan.

Work it a section at a time , if your strong in any areas keep them till last , work the hard ones to the easy ones so that in the end you learn the rough stuff first , progressing to the easier stuff, then pass the exam the same way, work the hard ones then the easy ones then stand proudly having passed ,my little brother passed it almost exactly 26 years after I did .

Get to a local club meeting and find yourself an Elmer, also there are many quiz apps you can download, Rome wasn't built in a day , your knowledge can't be either ,but you can do it , one section one day at a time, having a general goal on when you wan't to pass is fine but don't put and undo stress on yourself , just be patient and learn .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Find someone from the Club or your area to Elmer you. You need to understand the concepts of Amateur radio rather than trying to memorize. I'm sure there are numerous books available on line and in libraries on amateur radio that can be found if there is no Elmer available.

Ref-Jazzy

Read, the no non-sense study guide. Once, cover to cover. Then take two or tree practice tests. In the sections where you are struggling reread those sections of the study guide. Retake tests, again study the harder sections. Then retake the practice tests, and continue to push on the tests. Read the guide if needed, but focus on the test. Start to associate words in the answers with words in the question. And also, as good solid rule, when the question is about 'how' one should operate, go with the most conservative answer.

also: i would suggest starting an account over at
https://hamstudy.org/
it can help you track your progress so you know where you need help.

Best of luck!

N2AL

the local club wont help me they wont offer a class

Contact Western North Carolina Amateur Radio Society at http://www.wcarsvec.net/ and see if they know of Volunteer Examiner Coordinators (VEC's) around where you live. They can get you in contact with one who can assist setting a testing session up, and possibly find you a mentor close by as well. I am. Volunteer Examiner with them and we are good to help others trying to enter the hobby.

I understand when you say it is difficult at times to study. I have been in similar shoes gaining my license too.

Status
Not open for further replies.