RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Getting Your License / New Operators

Getting Your License / New Operators - New to amateur radio and interested in getting your license? This is the forum for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 7:23 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Troubling bar with symbols above licensees on frn

Not sure if this is the right forum if not moderators please move to the correct forum.

Was getting the electronic approval for my newly acquired tech license to have a copy on my tablet. Seeing as I found it on Friday gotta wait till Monday to call fcc. Maybe one of y'all have an idea as to what it is. The defination of the first one is not clear in my opinion but if I understand it correctly, they are mistakes. As I just got my (ha) April 12 2018 and my gmrs was granted back in Feb of 2018. I've never held any other license. Does anyone know what this stuff is and should I be worried. I will be calling the fcc tomorrow morning and will advise what they say cause their definitions don't really give me ( a noob) much to go on. Thanks for any info in advance

Edit how in the heck do I get a pic to post without y'all having to down load it

00242784752018315759393E.pdf
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2018, 7:29 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. What is your question?

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 04-15-2018, 7:40 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9BU View Post
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. What is your question?
The bar above the licenses says license 1-2 of 2 says the call sign or a component of this call sign is in termination status for failure to meet buildout requirements. This is not something to be worried about? Especially when both license's are well under the the given time frame included in the definition in the uls definition. Also I'm intrigued cause it has lease on the bar. I haven't signed any lease that I know of. Also this bar showed up Friday the 13 of April and wasn't there when my license was granted a day earlier on the 12. Included a full picture of screen if it takes this time

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edit I know the question comes off a little snarky I'm sorry about that. After I posted I reread it and realized that. Again sorry

Last edited by firefighter_21701; 04-15-2018 at 7:46 AM..
Old 04-15-2018, 7:56 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Those are generated on every search return page as a "key" and do not apply to your licenses. If there were a "termination" or "lease" on either of your licenses, those symbols would appear on the line next to the license that was classified with a "termination" pending or that was "leased", which neither of your licenses are.

Hope that helps answer your question.
Old 04-15-2018, 8:03 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver View Post
Those are generated on every search return page as a "key" and do not apply to your licenses. If there were a "termination" or "lease" on either of your licenses, those symbols would appear on the line next to the license that was classified with a "termination" pending or that was "leased", which neither of your licenses are.

Hope that helps answer your question.
Ok so it's nothing to worry about then. Does anyone else see this when they log in to their frn account to manage their license/s. It kinda worried me for a few cause it wasn't there one day and the next this was there. We all know how the government works. Lol thank you for that information

Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2018, 9:52 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

No, nothing to worry about. Here's a screen shot of mine.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2018, 10:14 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by diver View Post
No, nothing to worry about. Here's a screen shot of mine.
Well that's good to know. I was like I haven't applied to build anything cause the only spot I could is in sugar sand. Lol thank you for the info. That makes me relax. Now onto getting on air gotta figure it how I'm gonna set up my kenwood dual band on my frieghtliner cascadia

Old 04-15-2018, 6:36 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Location: Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the skeeters.

Just as Diver pointed out, you have no need to worry. Your license is good to go and ready for you to operate