Got my Tech today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD9KSO

Popped up in the database a couple of hours ago and made my first contact. They were happy to hear from a rookie.

KD9KSO

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations!! Hope you have fun! Ham radio is a great hobby, I think you’ll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KD9KSO

Thanks.

I was heavily into CB in the mid- to late '70's. No one I knew back then in my CB club had a Ham ticket and no one ever talked about it.

There was a lot of illegal stuff going on in CB back then. This is my first entry back into radio and I knew I did NOT want to go back to CB.

I'm going to like this. My Kenwood TH-D74A shipped today.

How do I get that AR tag on my ID header?

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks.

I was heavily into CB in the mid- to late '70's. No one I knew back then in my CB club had a Ham ticket and no one ever talked about it.

There was a lot of illegal stuff going on in CB back then. This is my first entry back into radio and I knew I did NOT want to go back to CB.

I'm going to like this. My Kenwood TH-D74A shipped today.

How do I get that AR tag on my ID header?

You have to go to your RR main profile (on the website, it’s on the top bar.) Then once you click on it, it will have a space that you can type in your call sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K4EET

Chaplain
Michael,

Welcome to the ranks of Ham Radio. Congratulations on getting your Technician license. If you have any questions, there are a bunch of folks here at RR ready to provide answers. Do you have any gear yet? What are you interested in doing with Amateur Radio? It is a broad and very diverse area of communications. Here at RR, I would say we have pretty much all of the bases covered. Again, congrats on getting your ticket!

73, Dave K4EET

KD9KSO

Michael,

Welcome to the ranks of Ham Radio. Congratulations on getting your Technician license. If you have any questions, there are a bunch of folks here at RR ready to provide answers. Do you have any gear yet? What are you interested in doing with Amateur Radio? It is a broad and very diverse area of communications. Here at RR, I would say we have pretty much all of the bases covered. Again, congrats on getting your ticket!

73, Dave K4EET

Hi Dave.

I've always been interested in DX and have been into SW and scanning for decades now. After I get a suitable base antenna squared away I would like to try DX'ing, SATCOM, and building my own antennas. Along with talking to the locals here in my area.

Thanks for the welcome fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.