• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Not so much GMRS, more MURS

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I wonder how some individuals/businesses are licensed but with the expired status, im guessing they were not MURS freqs yet at the time huh?

jaymatt1978

The first two murs frequencies should be 151.8200 and 151.8800. The red and purple frequencies ARE NOT MURS and technically you need a license to use them. Although some businesses "forget"

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I thought the first 3 that are 151 were ok but the two 154's, i thought you can use those without a license...

Don_Burke

From the source document:

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION (CONTINUED)

PART 95_PERSONAL RADIO SERVICES--Table of Contents

Subpart E_Technical Regulations

Sec. 95.632 MURS transmitter frequencies.

(a) The MURS transmitter channel frequencies are 151.820 MHz,
151.880 MHz, 151.940 MHz, 154.570 MHz, 154.600 MHz.
(b) The authorized bandwidth is 11.25 kHz on frequencies 151.820
MHz, 151.880 MHz and 151.940 MHz. The authorized bandwidth is 20.0 kHz
on frequencies 154.570 and 154.600 MHz.
(c) MURS transmitters must maintain a frequency stability of 5.0
ppm, or 2.0 ppm if designed to operate with a 6.25 kHz bandwidth.

[65 FR 60877, Oct. 13, 2000, as amended at 67 FR 63289, Oct. 11, 2002]

mike_gain

The businesses on 154.570 and 154.600 can continue operating licence free with no protection from other MURS stations. Hear that wal-mart?

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
The businesses on 154.570 and 154.600 can continue operating licence free with no protection from other MURS stations. Hear that wal-mart?

I hear walmart alot and i always try to wonder what their PL is :D lol not like i would interfere but all my radios are on DPL codes so i know one of the schools are CSQ and it sucks for them if im near by with a group and we talk, they hear us but we dont hear them... maybe they should think about putting in a PL instead of being CSQ but they thought the entire county would run on MURS with CSQ and talk amongst each other when one principle reaches another school.. heck my middle school was next to me.

Now speaking of murs, i found taco bell on 152.3000 but when im near mcdonalds, i should probably consider ordering my lunch half way their!

MeddleMan

over here...

I hear walmart alot and i always try to wonder what their PL is :D lol not like i would interfere but all my radios are on DPL codes so i know one of the schools are CSQ and it sucks for them if im near by with a group and we talk, they hear us but we dont hear them... maybe they should think about putting in a PL instead of being CSQ but they thought the entire county would run on MURS with CSQ and talk amongst each other when one principle reaches another school.. heck my middle school was next to me.

Now speaking of murs, i found taco bell on 152.3000 but when im near mcdonalds, i should probably consider ordering my lunch half way their!

Our Walmart does not use coded squelch, so it's pretty easy to bug them.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have found VERY few wal marts that bother with pl tones,but their csm's have no problem with telling you you're on a "company" channel...until they're educated!
N9ZAS.

MeddleMan

I have found VERY few wal marts that bother with pl tones,but their csm's have no problem with telling you you're on a "company" channel...until they're educated!
N9ZAS.
Really? Do you think that any of these will spend their precious time listening to one of us?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well...they do when they find out your in their store,and they don't know who you are!!!
N9ZAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.