RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > GMRS / FRS


GMRS / FRS - Discussions related to GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) and FRS (Family Radio Service) communications

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2015, 5:08 PM
n1das's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 825
Exclamation

Add to list:
Kenwood NEXEDGE NX-300 handheld
Kenwood TK-3140 handheld
Kenwood TK-3160 handheld
Kenwood TK-3170 handheld
Kenwood TK-3101 handheld
Kenwood TKR-820 repeater
Kenwood TKR-850 repeater
Kenwood NEXEDGE NXR-800 repeater (nice 5W 1U package for driving an external PA)

These are radios I've owned before and have looked up their FCC ID in the past.
__________________
David Sterrett
Nashua, NH
Ham [HA] = N1DAS (2/1984)
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 05-11-2016, 9:55 PM
amocjr's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8
Default Are there any commercially-available Part 95A mobile GMRS transceivers?

I have perused this thread and searched the FCC's equipment authorization database myself, and it does not appear that there are any GMRS-authorized, mobile, repeater-capable, transceivers, with 16 memories or more, and more than 5 watts output, currently available commercially (new, from the manufacturer or distributor) in the US.

I thought the Kenwood TK-8302HU might be the exception, but it appears to be available only used on eBay.

In fact, with the exception of that and another Kenwood model, all the final action dates in the database are earlier than 2010, most of them being 2006 or earlier, indicating that it has been a long time since a mobile transceiver has received approval for GMRS.

Forgive me if I missed it, but am I wrong?

Thanks,
Tony
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2016, 4:45 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,565
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amocjr View Post
I have perused this thread and searched the FCC's equipment authorization database myself, and it does not appear that there are any GMRS-authorized, mobile, repeater-capable, transceivers, with 16 memories or more, and more than 5 watts output, currently available commercially (new, from the manufacturer or distributor) in the US.

I thought the Kenwood TK-8302HU might be the exception, but it appears to be available only used on eBay.

In fact, with the exception of that and another Kenwood model, all the final action dates in the database are earlier than 2010, most of them being 2006 or earlier, indicating that it has been a long time since a mobile transceiver has received approval for GMRS.

Forgive me if I missed it, but am I wrong?

Thanks,
Tony
. Maxon used to market a Gmrs talkie, specifically designed for Gmrs, Model; 210+3. It was 5 watts and was repeater capable with a slip on rechargeable battery. It looked a lot like the radio shack Htx-202's. I now wish I would have kept the one I had. 73, n9zas
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 1,517
Default

TecNet purchased the assets of Maxon, but none of their current products are 95A certified. I guess there's just not enough of a market to justify the expense of additional certification.

The database at the FCC shows:
Quote:
1118 results were found that match the search criteria:
Rule Part Exact Match: Selected First Rule Part: 95A
but none of them are new equipment as far as I can find.
__________________
Bill
N4GIX - Ham / WQWU626 - GMRS
VV-898, TK-840(N), 2xTYT-7800, 2xUV5R v2+, HP1, BCD436HP, TMV7A, Ritron RRX-450 Repeater, MD-380, XPR7550, 2xCS800, Bridgecom BCR-40U Repeater, Elecraft KX3 + PX3
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 861
Default

I always wondered what became of the Maxon company. I've got a number of Maxon SM4450s and SP2850s that are programmed up for GMRS. They're built like tanks. The programming is a pain now and the outer sheathing on the mic cords is deteriorating. Otherwise, they are still good radios.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 06-04-2016, 4:44 PM
K6LED's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 21
Default

The TERA TR-505 is Part 95A Certified, at least for now. This radio is likely being replaced with one that can't be reprogrammed as a dual-band, but for now, it indeed has the FCC ID: 2ACK8TR505D

I don't think I can post images yet, so here's a link to a pic of the inside of the radio:

http://bettersaferadio.com/wp-conten...ody-Back-1.png
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2016, 10:00 AM
toastycookies's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: May 2010
Location: the far east
Posts: 722
Default

Every LMR (part 90) Kenwood UHF radio i have owned has also been Part 95 type accepted.

Just looked up the NX-800 and it is Part 95.

If you want I can look up more, I am sure there are many others if not all their UHF radios that are Part 95a.

There are many options from the Kenwood line for you. (yes, I am a kenwood fanboi.)

-chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by amocjr View Post
I have perused this thread and searched the FCC's equipment authorization database myself, and it does not appear that there are any GMRS-authorized, mobile, repeater-capable, transceivers, with 16 memories or more, and more than 5 watts output, currently available commercially (new, from the manufacturer or distributor) in the US.

I thought the Kenwood TK-8302HU might be the exception, but it appears to be available only used on eBay.

In fact, with the exception of that and another Kenwood model, all the final action dates in the database are earlier than 2010, most of them being 2006 or earlier, indicating that it has been a long time since a mobile transceiver has received approval for GMRS.

Forgive me if I missed it, but am I wrong?

Thanks,
Tony
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2016, 10:17 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Wichita Falls, TX
Posts: 6,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6LED View Post
The TERA TR-505 is Part 95A Certified, at least for now. This radio is likely being replaced with one that can't be reprogrammed as a dual-band, but for now, it indeed has the FCC ID: 2ACK8TR505D
There are three identical looking radios with three different FCC IDs:
2ACK8TR500 is VHF/UHF Part 90
2ACK8TR505D is MURS/GMRS Part 95
2ACK8TR505 is GMRS only Part 95
I don't know if they all have the exact same hardware.
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2016, 3:05 PM
K6LED's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5y View Post
There are three identical looking radios with three different FCC IDs:
2ACK8TR500 is VHF/UHF Part 90
2ACK8TR505D is MURS/GMRS Part 95
2ACK8TR505 is GMRS only Part 95
I don't know if they all have the exact same hardware.
I think I explained this in another related forum, but the 2ACK8TR505 ID was for the GMRS/MURS radio, but was a 1st "botched" submission. I'm not sure why that ID is still active, but it's not used. The 2ACK8TR505D is the current Part95A/J ID for the GMRS/MURS radio. The 2ACK8TR500 is for the commercial version of the same radio, which just has a different faceplate, manual & factory programming.

They also make a TR-590, which is also a commercial radio, but has a keypad and 200 channels, so when "unlocked," makes for a nice ham HT.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2016, 8:05 PM
K2RNI's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Kingman, AZ
Posts: 240
Default

Hello forum,
Anyone know of a cheap bubble pack pair of radios that can do PL tones? I have a 20 dollar set of CX112 Cobras I got at Walmart and their great but no PL tone capability. No waterproofing or "50 mile range" needed I just use these for short distance onsite talkaround when needed. Just need another cheap pair just like the CX112 but with PL tone capabilty if anyone knows any thank you.
__________________
BCT15x - Pro-91 - TRX-1
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2016, 11:07 AM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7,565
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2RNI View Post
Hello forum,
Anyone know of a cheap bubble pack pair of radios that can do PL tones? I have a 20 dollar set of CX112 Cobras I got at Walmart and their great but no PL tone capability. No waterproofing or "50 mile range" needed I just use these for short distance onsite talkaround when needed. Just need another cheap pair just like the CX112 but with PL tone capabilty if anyone knows any thank you.
Just shop around a little. Pretty much all the bubble packs have Pl tones and even Dcs now. Some of the motorolas are even repeater capable. 73, n9zas
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2016, 11:36 AM
SteveC0625's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northville, NY (Fulton County)
Posts: 2,507
Default Part 95 GMRS radio list

Privacy codes = PL codes. Any bubble packs with privacy codes will do. With a tiny bit of googling you can find cross reference charts for all the major manufacturers codes.
__________________
Rochester-Monroe County 911 7010 1976 to 2003
Northampton Ambulance - Car 2829
KD2IAT --- WQPG808
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 07-25-2016, 6:19 PM
   
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1
Smile FCC Certification - SM-4450SC

Dear Sir;
I can't find online any validation of Sm-4450SC Part 95 Certification; can you send me a link to see actual documentation of this? Thanks! Tim H.
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 07-26-2016, 1:22 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timazon View Post
Dear Sir;
I can't find online any validation of Sm-4450SC Part 95 Certification; can you send me a link to see actual documentation of this? Thanks! Tim H.
The FCC ID# for the Maxon SM4450SC is: F3JSM445C

You can enter that here:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...ericSearch.cfm

The search results get you this:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...estTimeout=500

The page that lists which Part or Parts the radio is certified for is here:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...c_id=F3JSM445C
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions