• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GMRS Repeater programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wishbone75

Ok, so I will sitting for my Tech license in Feb and will be getting a GMRS license as well. I live in the Atlanta area (which most know, from the news, is never ready to handle a winter storm). I want to program the GMRS repeaters and then the general frequencies into a radio for my wife to use to get a hold of me in an emergency (cell phones down). She has no interest in radio and therefore no knowledge. I want to use the repeaters because my job has me throughout the Atlanta area. That being said, yes I know this may seem like a dumb question, how do I use the repeater info in CHIRP? This is the repeater info:

Repeater: Kenwood TKR-850
Repeater Antenna: Andrew DB-413
Feedline: Heliax LDF7
Site ASL Elevation: 2320′ ASL
Tower/Antenna Height: 245′
Frequency: 462/467.625 MHz
PL/DPL Tone: 141.3 Hz

How would I enter this info into CHIRP? I understand the theory of how everything works I just don't know the programming side of this goes. Again, I know this may seem like a dumb question so please do not filet me over this, and appreciate any help.
P.S. yes I understand the rules and regulations and I will pass on what she needs to know.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Ok, so I will sitting for my Tech license in Feb and will be getting a GMRS license as well. I live in the Atlanta area (which most know, from the news, is never ready to handle a winter storm). I want to program the GMRS repeaters and then the general frequencies into a radio for my wife to use to get a hold of me in an emergency (cell phones down). She has no interest in radio and therefore no knowledge. I want to use the repeaters because my job has me throughout the Atlanta area. That being said, yes I know this may seem like a dumb question, how do I use the repeater info in CHIRP? This is the repeater info:

Repeater: Kenwood TKR-850
Repeater Antenna: Andrew DB-413
Feedline: Heliax LDF7
Site ASL Elevation: 2320′ ASL
Tower/Antenna Height: 245′
Frequency: 462/467.625 MHz
PL/DPL Tone: 141.3 Hz

How would I enter this info into CHIRP? I understand the theory of how everything works I just don't know the programming side of this goes. Again, I know this may seem like a dumb question so please do not filet me over this, and appreciate any help.
P.S. yes I understand the rules and regulations and I will pass on what she needs to know.

Transmit: 467.625
Receive: 462.625
PL Tone: 141.3
(I am assuming the tone is also transmitted by the repeater so it would go in ToneSql.)

What radio are you using?

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
The way the question is worded, it appears you are looking to program a TKR-850 with CHIRP. The software is not capable of programming this repeater per the CHIRP site.

If you are looking to program a portable/mobile to operate through this repeater, 467.625 is the transmit frequency and 462.625 is the receive. If there is an offset field for your particular radio, you would enter 462.625 as the frequency with a +5.00 offset. It would help to know what the actual model of radio you are programming is to provide more detailed instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.